Another iP4000 software question?

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Another iP4000 software question?

In the Printer Preferences, Main, Print Quality the print quality is always set to high and I have to move it down to Standard. I have to do this every time I print a different page from the internet. I can click on Defaults and then click Apply but the Print Quality will be set to high the next time I try to print.

Is there a way to make Standard print quality stay as default?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron - are you on plain paper setting? I don't have an ip4000, but on my i960 any photo paper setting gets a default higher print quality setting than plain paper. You can also set up your desired profile, including the print quality setting, and use it as the default by accessing the printer software through the printer and fax settings in the control panel, set up a profile through the page setup, etc, and in the profile section selecti the preset profile and apply it. That will remain the default until you make another selection in the printer/fax area in the control panel. If you change the profile in page setup mode on the fly before printing - anyplace other than in the control panel printer selection - it will only stay temporarily while in the program in which you've made the printer profile changes, and when you access another program and wish to print you wlll be back to the default you've set up. That is how my i960 and ip5000 printers work. Hopefully yours is the same.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Fotofreek thanks you figured it out.
I must have accidentally made a custom profile.

I went into Profile and set it to Default and things are back to normal.