Annoying popup windows for HP OfficeJet 6210

SilentRob

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The HP OfficeJet 6210 I got a couple of months ago is starting to get on my nerves on days I have a lot to print out. Whenever you print something using this printer, a popup window appears that advertises the Genuine HP Photo cartridge. When you click out of it, another popup appears advertising the Genuine HP Tri-color cartridge.

When I print out a number of documents, it's really annoying to have to close these windows every time I print out a new document. The advertisements disappear on their own after a while, but it's just really annoying having to look at ads for HP when I've already given them hundreds of dollars.

Grr... Anyone know how to bypass this unwelcome badgering?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I'd think spyware if it wasn't so product specific and only when you are printing. I'd call / email HP support and tell them how much this is bothering you. On a side note, I can't believe how good / fast Canon support has been every time I've contacted them. If HP's support is half as good you should be able to get an answer as to why you are getting the popup and hopefully a way to stop it.