Anet A2 replacement mainboard

JohnVella

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
Having removed the mainboard on my Anet A2 printer, I have noticed that there are several connectors, (power and need) which are badly soldered. I mean really badly, as in I can push the connectors out from the solder side.

It looks easy enough to repair, and is certainly not beyond my skills with a soldering iron, however... I'm thinking that now may be a good time to look at upgrades.

Yes, I looked on Amazon and found a lot of boards, but I was hoping that somebody here would be able to give me a suggestion for a new board that will work with the Anet A2.

Thanks in advance and, if it makes any difference, I am based in the UK.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Having removed the mainboard on my Anet A2 printer, I have noticed that there are several connectors, (power and need) which are badly soldered. I mean really badly, as in I can push the connectors out from the solder side.
Wow, do you have any pics? That sounds like really poor quality!

Yes, I looked on Amazon and found a lot of boards, but I was hoping that somebody here would be able to give me a suggestion for a new board that will work with the Anet A2.
No idea, but good luck in your search, and keep us posted with what you find!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
It looks easy enough to repair, and is certainly not beyond my skills with a soldering iron, however... I'm thinking that now may be a good time to look at upgrades.
I would love to say that I could help, but I don’t know the Anet2 printer from the back end of a bus.

Now there may be some members here who have knowledge and experience of the Anet2 so hang in there and see if they can help, in the mean time I’d re-solder the wires again until you can make a better decision, on what to buy next..

Most of the stuff I use are from Creality and purchased through AliExpress..;)

JohnVella

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
I'll post some photos in the morning, and having investigated further, it's looking as though I will solder all of the joints and try to stick with this board.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Some Anets are known for poor joints and some models have bad connectors and soldering. I'd redo all the joints wherever possible and especially check the heater connections and all AC connections are secure.

JohnVella

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
I've managed to take a photo, and hope the quality is good enough to show how bad the solder joints are. There are well over a dozen joints which appear to be held in place by magic, so I guess it's time for (soldering) iron man to save the day!
IMG_20210222_081938.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
so I guess it's time for (soldering)
Just take your time and apply as little solder as possible and don’t over heat the connectors, use plenty of flux to clean the joints.. :thumbsup

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Another good tip is that when you are finished soldering and it has cooled down use some IsoPropyhl Alcohol and an old toothbrush to clean the excess flux off the joints.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify 5150,Canon Pro10s
And, for your peace of mind, don't ever use that crappy solder without lead.