Am I good with the original Color profile for iP1000

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
It seems to me that most people on this forum does not use the 'default' color profile that comes with the printer. Is this true? Do I need to adjust the color settings on my iP1000?

Thanks!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Some use custom profiles and some don't. I've read posts from people who are happy, for instance, with Formulabs ink and Costco paper with the Canon profiles. Others are more particular and wish to improve the color output. To do it properly you must callibrate your monitor (with a more complex approach than Adobe Gamma), scanner, and have the ability to develop custom profiles for each printer/ink/paper combination. If, however, you are happy with the output of the printer with the Canon profiles and the ink/paper combination you are using, just enjoy the prints!

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I noticed that when setting the "paper type" to different types, the color output and sharpness varies. Why is this so?

Also, does the iP1000 automatically print at the maximum dpi, or do I have to change a setting? I plan to print on 8.5x11 inches plain paper at max dpi.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I don't know the settings on the ip1000 software. On my i960, when you set the paper type, each setting sets its own print quality. You can override it by manually setting the print quality. Select "custom" and in the screen that comes up move the slider to the top quality. See if that improves your prints. There are also several effects you can set, one of which is to sharpen the image. I prefer to do that in Photoshop Elements and leave the printer without any effect set. I also do not use the automatic color settings as I want to control color output from my photo software.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Ah, I always use Auto quality. I'll have a go at manual settings and see if that changes things. Thanks!