Always clogging with Inktec CyanI

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I actually have purged the cart 3 weeks ago, but it doesn't help. Before the purge, I have only refilled 5 times, so it's relatively young.
I'm now using OEM cart for Cyan just to see if I still have problem.

I'm very traumatic using the same cartridge. I'm afraid I will get the printhead ruined sooner or later.
It's certainly crazy to flush the printhead under running water almost every 10 days. SOmehow I don't think the cartridge itself is the culprit. I've tried OEM cart when it clogs, and it still doesn't print. I have very strong suspicion on the ink itself. Perhaps the fluidity of the ink is not correct because the clog happens right in the middle of printing, not because after weeks of non-activity. Besides that, I notice the ink consumption for Cyan seems to be suspiciously low compared to other colors. Based on my previous experience, Cyan is usually consumed the fastest. Now, it consumes about 50% less than other colors. My Cyan is still relatively 70% volume while Y is 30%, R 40-50%, and K 50%.

I'll wait the chance to print photos in the next couple of days. Let's see whether OEM cart gives me the same problem.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
I once had a print head that developed some form of major clog in the channels leading to the nozzles rather than in the nozzles themselves. However, changing the print head rules this out as being your problem. It is possible that the cyan ink itself is a problem (as you suspect).

Here is another test that you might want to try. While holding the cart over something that can tolerate an ink drip, remove the refill screw and hold the cart level. After 15 seconds, note the time between successive drops of ink. I have found that I get 2 or more drops per second from a clean cart. When the drip rate decreases to 2 seconds per drop, the cart is marginal for printing of heavy ink loads. By comparing the drip rate of the various colors, you can see if your cyan doesn't flow as well as the other colors.