Alternatives to Canon ink carts

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
I have only ever used Canon carts in my trusty old MG5350, which I buy from a superb supplier in Barcelona, here in Spain. The company keep suggesting that I change (sorry - switch) to a brand that they recommend called Nomic. Has anyone any knowledge of this brand? The advantage, of course, is lower cost.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The advantage, of course, is lower cost.
I understand that you are using at this time genuine Canon cartridges - at a price. I'm not aware of this 'Nomic' company - do you have a link of that company?

What reasons is your current supplier giving you to switch - just cost or ?

The core question is what you are willing to give up with 3rd party cartridges - there are several risks with non-OEM suppliers - such inks could cause a damage over time to the printhead reducing the effective lifetime - such inks could change colors of your printouts so that you would need to do some adjustments - a rather critical performance parameter is the weak longevity of such inks - all of the 3rd party inks on the market , so it's up to you which route you take - sacrificing quality vs. price.

You could go as well another route - doing refill with Canon OEM Chromalife inks - those bottled inks of the G550 Megatank printer are much cheaper . This option has been discussed by Canon users already earlier in this forum .

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Many thanks. Q-Nomic seem to be an own brand of the company from whom I buy my Canon carts, Cartucho.es. Clearly, they cannot be in the business of producing these themselves, so they must be produced by a third-party company.

Your thoughts concur with mine and I thank you. I will continue to look after my trusty MG5350 by supplying it with quality inks from Canon.