Aloha from Western PA!

VacantField42

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-15000, Canon MG 5320
Hi everyone! This site is AHMAZING!! I am going to comb through the threads and learn as much as I can, for I am having impossible trouble with my Canon MG5320--paper jams non-stop. Bought ink refills on the cheap. I think that could have broke my machine.

Trying to support my family with a few crafty projects and bought an Epson XP 15000 today. I have had HPs only before. The Canon worked for 1 week--it was new in the box, but unopened for a few years. Life has been tough, huh?

Thank you for reading my introduction and I hope to learn as best as all of you experts offer! VacantField42

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
trouble with my Canon MG5320--paper jams non-stop.

The Canon worked for 1 week--it was new in the box, but unopened for a few years.
Welcome to the forum, VacantField42.

The printer's rubber rollers may have dried up while in storage.

Dried up or worn rubber rollers that pick up the blank sheet of paper and feed it into/through the printer can be a cause for paper jams. Paper jams can also be caused by dirt/debis or paper that is incompatable with your printer due to texture or size.

Try cleaning the rubber rollers with water and a lint-free cloth. Do NOT use alcohol as this will dry out the rollers more. There are rubber roller reconditioning fluids you can buy at a hobby or printer shop.

There are a myriad of links on cleaning/reconditioning rubber rollers on Google.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=how+to+recondition+printer+roller