air purifier seems like best would be to put 2 into one

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hello, perhaps only to me but it seems it would be best to put Sharp Plasmacluster purifier/humidifier and stadlerform Viktor into one.

The Viktor purifier would take care of larger dust particles with the prefilter and huge electrostatic filter plates, then with huge carbon filter filter smells, the Plasmacluster would filter air by the air ions and humidify air too.

The problem I'm seeing the Sharp very scared of electrostatic technology because ozone is bad for the lungs = bad for your product. Also like inkjet manufacturers Sharp wants to make money from selling filters.

From my view the HEPA filters are just as silly as using a dust bag vacuum cleaner when you can use a water filtration system in a vacuum cleaner from say Arnica Hydra Rain Plus (cheap as heck =180$) and the HEPA filter is round big surface are filter for 12$, that filter lasts for me for 2.5 Years already. Yes I had the Thomas vacuum cleaner a respected brand for 5x the price, that was one of the worst purchase ever. Impossible to clean, filters were 2x more expensive but lasted only 3 months.

So like you guessed it you read it this far I would like your opinion on what air purifier to get, I also think that it would be possible to use a car hepa filter, perhaps 2 in an air purifier that would make the cost down.

Sharp also sells one of their plasmacluster cup sized for cars, it could be put inside viktor for ion generation instead of using a carbon filter :)

You can see how many dust viktor purifier can collect in 3 months http://home.ntebb.no/gfager/viktor/
I wonder how much the HEPA filter from sharp would last in same conditions, certainly 10 years is just a marketing gimick by Sharp

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Gday Smile
If you put the Sharp Plasmacluster purifier/humidifier and stadlerform Viktor into one will you get better prints?

slocumeddie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
In the spirit of true research, and out of curiosity, I just stuck my Viktor into a plasmacutter, and it hurt like hell......:hit

Oh...you said plasmacluster....not plasmacutter........:th

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Why is it nowadays everything is made for a consumer, not for a user or a customer. Sharp hepa filters cost a fortune to buy, as some other major brands. Like inkjet printer manufacturers they live from the filters not from the units themselves.

Yet Hepa filter invented for Manhattan project in the 60's I believe. Despite so old tech work wonders when priced right. Unfortunately this is not the case with sharp, Electrolux, Panasonic etc.

I always remember how much I have used to pay for ink until refilling, then I remember how much I spent on hepa filters for brand name THOMAS hepa filter vacuum cleaner. I do not want to go that route no more.
Sharp has the plasmacluster tech that I'm after, since it's patented there is no way to get it than buy the damn unit.

I'm also considering to buy the cheaper sharp fu-y30euw disect the plasmacluster and use it in a modified viktor purifier (you do need to change the fan on viktor as the mafucturer uses 4 90m fans instead of one big and silent).

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
There seems to be a Zepter - Therapy Air iOn (very overpriced purifier), but it has 5 filters, and they seem (not cheap) but since you don't have to replace them 5 at once cheaper than Sharp or similar. Perhaps they can be used in VIKTOR purifier the dimensions aren't provided.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
So I get the Zepter - Therapy Air iOn second hand looks like new, took it apart had some dust inside, cleaned that all and it uses very sophisticated electronics and servo motor I believe to control the speed very easy.

I bought HEPA filter for 26$, then there is second filter for 5$, pre filter for 6$ (reusable). I did not like the smell from anti-alergic filter so I replaced it with second carbon filter that costs 14$

So the total setup:

1 - pre filter - 6$ (reusable)
2 - second filter 5$ (change every 6 months)
3 - HEPA - 26$ (change every 6 months)
4 - carbon - 14$ (change every year)
5 - carbon - 14$ (change every year)

Totals to = 65$ but since then I converted the carbon filters to be re-usable, I can refill them with same stuff (bought commercial carbon pellets) each refill is no more than 5$

So to conclude

1 - pre filter - 6$ (reusable)
2 - second filter 5$ (change every 6 months)
3 - HEPA - 26$ (change every 6 months)
4 - carbon - 5$ (change every year)
5 - carbon - 5$ (change every year)

Totals to = 47$

Seems reasnoable price.

Oh and on Auto this thing needs very little power

Speed 1 - 6.3W
Speed 2 - 7.5W
Speed 3 - 10W
Speed 4 - 17W
Speed 5 Turbo - 32W