after first refill, how do we refill the remaining five?

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I'm working with a used Epson 1430 which is equipped with version 6.0 chips marketed by CISinks. Even though they're 6.0 I have reason to believe there are ARC chips in the carts. I'm used to using 6.0 chips in my other 1430 and its carts are individually resettable.

The previous owner [of the first one] said when I get a pop up msg for a chip that I must fill that cart and return it to its position in the cartridge carriage.

What do I do with the remaining five? I'd like to top them off and get full readings in the carts' bar graph. Just how do I do that? The owner was using CIS Inks in squeeze bottles, very handy.

This must be a procedure which most people seem to know but I couldn't find anything after an extensive search.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you would need a resetter for the chips, matching the chip version to enable you to do a reset at any arbitrary ink level,
but it appears to be impossible to get that anymore. And I would not expect much change since the cartridge used in your 1430 is rather obsolete. There still may be some units left at dealers - resetter + matching chips/cartridges nevertheless.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
ISF,

Whew... that's rather discouraging news! However, I've had good luck with InkjetMall cartridges. They're marked ver 6.0 but I think it was Jon Cone who told me they had the "ordinary" 6.0 architecture chips modified to work on 6.3 equipped printers, such as the 1430. I'm using a set of those carts on my other 1430, it's working out well. I reset those individually with a manual resetter.

Anyway, it's an ARC chip that I'd be resetting. It would be whichever chip among the six shows the Empty message. Once that one is reset I'd be resetting the other five treating them individually with a manual resetter (which I have). Then I'd close the door on the cartridge carrier and all six would be full and reset.

That's my limited understanding... please set me straight if I'm off base.

Paul