After days of research, can the carts for these printers be refilled?

Cur10us

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm not worried anyway.

I just read in the forum FAQ, that whomever recommends a printer to a member, they are personally responsible for it's performance, and in the case of the need for replacement, are responsible for sending a 1st generation replacement model, free of charge, to replace the offending machine.

It's a great policy guys, thanks in advance! :D ;)

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I shall not be responsible for anything here. Because I am going to make a recommendation NOT to buy. My recommendation is do not buy compatibles because there are so many unknown brand names with unknown quality. Used some before and had enough of them. Since I am make a not to buy recommendation don't hold me responsible for anything. Unknown brand names and unknown quality is no no to me.

Hint:
ip4300, PGI5 and CLI8 are all known brand names and have known quality reputation. Your safest strategy is to not buy one but if taking some risk is OK then take it and enjoy (or suffer). There is no other way around. But ip4300 has been discontinued. So its a dead end and mine is not for sale.

Nest hint:
Ip4500 now replaces ip4300.

Cur10us

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Would any of you guys be able to link me to replacement ink that you know is suitable and that I can buy online and start the precarious task of trying to fill these babies?

I started printing in grayscale to avoid the running low message [the separate black ink cart hadnt been touched] but it still took from the black from the colour set of carts! wtf! How annoying. Grayscale should mean it uses the other cart, surely?

Latest posts