advice on ordering from hobbicolors

ghostbear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was going to order a five color refill kit for my ip4000 from Hobbicolors and now I can't find it on ebay. Other items are still showing but the 5 color cannon ink refill kit is gone.

Could someone tell me what happened and what to do ?

Thanks ghostbear

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I had somewhat the same experience---but on the four color kit---some weeks all kits are listed, some weeks some kits are missing, at least on the ebay site. You can get a contact email address by googling hobbicolors--and finding the hobbicolors.com website---or wait a week and it will probably be back as an auction item.

But email Dave at hobbicolors and ask him what to do. He always get back with me within 24 hours or less---and often in an hour or so.-----and I have no reason to assume he regards me as anything but another customer.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Go to eBay and do a search for hobbicolors - should show 4,5,6, and 8 color kits (I just checked). You most likely caught them between listings.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ghostbear,
Yes - the 5 color kit is there right now. If ever you don't see what you want from Hobbicolors (Dave) send him a message by hitting "Contact Member". He is quite quick in answering questions and helpful. BTW consider ordering a second set of empty cartridges (costs $9.10 for an extra set of five). Handy to have on hand when your first refill runs low - can have that second set ready to plug in. Have heard that it is not good to take a cartridge out and leave the printhead open for more than a few minutes while refilling. Happy with my experience with Hobbicolor inks so far.

Steve W.

DRoss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I contact him through email found on Hobbicolors.com to avoid ebay ( I don't have an account there ). He has allways gotten back to me in a matter of hours. Orderd Sunday nite and got notice of shipment first thing Monday morning. Dave and his products are great.

ghostbear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jackson ,
Thanks for the link,that is it

Osage ,
Good to hear that I'm not the only one.

fish,
As far as I can tell they are out of the 5 coclor for now.

on30trainman ,
Good advice,did the member contact and was informed they sold out last night
The extra tanks sounds good. Thanks for the heads-up on not leaving the print head open.

DRoss ,
I;m going to try the direct email route. I may order that way.

Thanks gang, I realy appreciate the support as I am green as grass with the ebay thing, however. learning fast.
I am picking up alot just by reading posts on this forum and I just can't wait to get started refilling.

ghostbear

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I am guessing hobbicolors is in a wierd situation vending on ebay---ebay probably wants a piece of the action
regardless if Hobbicolors vends on ebay or on some independent channel. Until Hobbicolors severs all links to ebay that will probably be so regarding developing independent channels.

But still a guess on my part. But I am also guessing they do have recent spike in orders. Must be due to valentines day.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Dave at HobbiColors only lists a few items on eBay which IMNSHO isn't such a good idea. His eBay store needs to list a more complete product offering since he does have a much wider selection available. i.e. individual bulk inks in larger quantities, extra refilling supplies, and extra tanks. Simply email him at hobbi-host@hobbicolors.com and tell him what you are needing. He'll usually get back to you very soon. One of these days he'll get his website updated and have online ordering from there vs. going through eBay. This should cut way down on the confusion factor.

ghostbear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Osage,
I would say your guess is spot on with respect to ebay.

drc023 ,
I'm trying the email address you posted and perhaps I can order that way. Listing more items would be key,however, the part about ebay taking a larger part of the action as per Osage may be the reason for a small selection of products listed on ebay.

Tkanks again, I'll post the results of my email contact with hobbicolors .

ghostbear