Advice needed for replacement for IP4600

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
Hi I am currently using a Canon IP 4600 which is now getting a bit long in the tooth. Before it finally gives up the ghost I want to find a replacement.
I do quite a fair bit of printing photos and need to be able to use refillable cartridges obviously for cost reasons . I have been looking at the MG7150 multi printer .But my reservations are :
1 can you refill these cartridges CL551,s
2 I use 270grm photo paper will this work Long term. Cannon say it will be OK but a dealer expressed concerns long term as it would put quite a strain on the paper feed mechanism.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on the above
Also any alternative suggestions to the MG7150.
Thank you in advance
Regards
Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Mike

Welcome to out forum, first things first, just because the 4600 is getting old doesn’t mean it’s about to get a heart attack, so tried to hang onto it as long as you can.

The MG7150 is a bad choice for two reasons first refilling would be a nightmare compared to the 4600 and you might not be able to get good heavy quality photo paper through the paper cassette, it won’t make the turn.

Here is a list of some of the Canon printer some good some bad that you may be able to get where you live.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...s-the-poor-canon-printers-for-refilling.7282/

Last edited:

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
Hi Mike

Welcome to out forum, first things first, just because the 4600 is getting old doesn’t mean it’s about to get a heart attack, so tried to hang onto it as long as you can.

The MG7150 is a bad choice for two reasons first refilling would be a nightmare compared to the 4600 and you might not be able to get good heavy quality photo paper through the paper cassette, it won’t not make the turn.

Here is a list of some of the Canon printer some good some bad that you may be able to get where you live.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...s-the-poor-canon-printers-for-refilling.7282/
Thank you for your reply I will do some more research.
Mike