Advice for buying

Trumblebee3

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF7620
Hello, I believe that my current printer’s print head may be toast, so it’s probably time to buy a new one. Other than the usual household printing, I would like to be able to economically print out graphics and antique ephemera for art projects, but I don’t do any business printing. Sometimes I design my own patterned paper to use for card making or other paper crafting.

High quality prints that won’t fade excessively are important to me but I don’t print high volumes or often. Usually, I will print a batch of images at one time and use them over a period of time. After reading up on the problems I have with my current printer, I think it’s probably clogged because I don’t print often enough, so printing something out on a regular basis to prevent the problem in the future seems like a good plan.

Anyway, I want to be able to print on heavy card stock, such as 110 lb. cover stock, or print on lightweight paper as well. Speed is not important but I would like to be able to scan. I may even print more often if I can get a good printer!

I’m pretty disgusted with the Epson (WF7620) printer I have so would prefer another brand that is reliable, reasonable to service, and has refillable ink rather than ridiculous, expensive cartridges. It’s okay if it costs a bit more up front if the long range economy is there. I don’t have a set budget but prefer to not spend more than I have to.

Also, is there anything that can be done with the old printer besides recycling it?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Barbara