Advice about the P50 for printing on CD's

eddiegee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a Photo P50 Colour printer for printing CDs. The software woth Canon was dreadful, almost forcing you to do it THEIR way (themes, backgrounds, little boxes for the text etc). I just want a 'blank canvas' template where I can import my own BMP artwork. Given that, will I be happy with the P50?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
eddiegee said:
I'm thinking about buying a Photo P50 Colour printer for printing CDs. The software woth Canon was dreadful, almost forcing you to do it THEIR way (themes, backgrounds, little boxes for the text etc). I just want a 'blank canvas' template where I can import my own BMP artwork. Given that, will I be happy with the P50?
It doesnt really matter which printer you use when printing on CD Discs.

If you were to get a proper Application for CD printing that would however make a big difference
and make your task much more pleasant and it would probably be cheaper than buying new printer.

I use only the free Canon CD printing program myself for all my data and music CDs
and dont have a problem importing my own Logos and backgrounds with it..:)

eddiegee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hmmm. Sorry, I'm being very dim! Surely I would have to use the printer's own software because how else do get the printer CD tray to recognise what it's got to do? (like make the tray go in and out) :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
eddiegee said:
Hmmm. Sorry, I'm being very dim! Surely I would have to use the printer's own software because how else do get the printer CD tray to recognise what it's got to do? (like make the tray go in and out) :)
No the software application only controls the text, colour and images that you want to put on the surface of the CD.

The Canon print driver itself handles the CD tray position and the quality of the output that is all,
so you are free to use which ever application you choose yourself ok.. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The various third party CD/DVD printing software work with the Canon printer drivers to print. Try Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker for free and see for yourself.