ADF Motor gear replacement for Epson Stylus Photo PX820FWD aka Artisan 835

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Hello, I own an Epson Stylus Photo PX820FWD ak Artisan 835, and as happened to other people, as I learn serching, I have a problem with a gear on the ADF scanner feeder motor that is cracked that seems caused by a design's flaw since the replacement that were sold for this piece had the gear made in metal instead of plastic.
Anyway the problem is that today is quite hard or almost impossible to find this replacement , but maybe someone in this forum knows where to find a refurbished replacement part ( Epson ADF Motor Assembly par. n° 2132225 ) or can give me some suggestion about how to repair the cracked gear efficiently (some glue wold do the work but won't bet it will last )

If anyone knows where I could find a refurbished replacement for my printer I'd be glad, or maybe you can give some suggestion about how to proceed with the repair
here are the details of the repair I need to do

All these pictures were taken on the from this website, he did the same replacement on two PX800FW and PX810FWD so I suppose that this kind of problem was very common on this printer

https://www.walter.bz/come-ti-aggiusto-lalimentatore-fogli-della-stampante-epson/

Attachments

• ingranaggio.jpg
    ingranaggio.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 189
  • funziona.jpg
    funziona.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 182
  • rotto.jpg
    rotto.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 2132225_de_1.jpg
    2132225_de_1.jpg