A year on and I'm moving again...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
It seems like forever and a day when I finally moved the OctoInkjet headquarters out of the family home and into a workshop. At the time it seemed like we were moving into an enormous space but 9 months on it was quickly becoming obvious we were outgrowing it to the point I started calling it a closet.

*cue: jokes about coming out of said closet...* Erm, no! :p

Anyway, with so much happening with some new products, equipment and the like I finally cracked and took up a vacant workshop space in the same business centre we're in now. The move will give me more than double the current storage space and effectively double my worktops. The latter is particularly exciting as I've struggled to find space to do testing, rig up new products or complete videos. Naturally there's a small matter of costs to cover so prices are going to be going up marginally but only on the things that have been way under-priced.

So, why am I telling you all this, sharing it to all and sundry?... Well primarily because no other beggar has seen the work I've put into building new worktops, designing the workspace efficiently or all the other jobs that need doing. Your job is to appreciate the level of complexity and effort that's gone into it all and heap praise (faint praise will do) upon my good self as I sit back and wonder what on earth possessed me.

What is changing that might interest you though, when you've stopped with the platitudes, is that I'm shifting things to provide smaller ink volumes (50ml dyes, 60ml pigments) and increase some (primarily pigment blacks) to 125ml from 100ml. With a little luck that will help shift the "I dunno... refilling seems too expensive" troops off the fence and into my evil(?) clutches.

Best of all though, I'm going to be doing a whole heap more videos, new waste kit designs and doubtless out-takes to go with it... Can't think there will be a lack of material for the latter! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, just felt the need to share... Things they are a changing... and dammit, maybe someone on here will appreciate it... albeit, while taking the proverbial piddle ;)

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Wish you all the best of luck, and very pleased you are prospering, i think i would comment suicide if i had to buy new original canon ink-carts ever again.

Mike

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
We don't mind Martin spamming us because he gives us free ink & goodies. I haven't received any lately but.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
rodbam said:
We don't mind Martin spamming us because he gives us free ink & goodies. I haven't received any lately but.
Ah heck, if I was spamming I'd be using lots of words like Bargain, SALE, and include plenty of bad English with typos. I'd like to think I was sharing exciting news with friends.

Worth noting that my dear wife finds this stuff so rivetting she falls asleep. (I wish I were kidding!)

As for freebies, you blew it when you threatened us all with those nude portraits. ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
websnail said:
As for freebies, you blew it when you threatened us sll with those nude portraits. ;)
If rod makes good on his threat then you should sell brain bleach. Could make a small fortune for those unfortunately exposed. :ep :barnie

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
I dont know what youre all getting at websnail for
He's only moving to next door (Doesnt want to wake the Wife). :hugs

Hell still be giving you guys the same good service as always, maybe even cheaper.:bow
The next order that Rodbam makes Martin wont charge for (P&P) so long as he picks it up himself...:thumbsup