A wet-vac is great for post-purge evacuation...

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
RWP,

this has nothing to do with humectant left insde the sponge from the previous residual inks), but by collapsing of the sponge materia,l because the sponge is kept too long being completely dry, making it very difficult to absorb ink again. To overcome this problem let my solution soak the sponge overnight and then suck/blow out the solution.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
At your local drugstore/pharmacy. It is used by hobbyists to make home made facial creams and is completely safe and potable (tastes very sweet like sugar syrup) and even sometimes used in sugar free syrups and candies.

RWP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My local pharmacy has glycerin, but not drug/food grade propylene glycol. The only real source of propylene glycol locally is in RV antifreeze -- a good buy at less than $10/gallon when around 6 oz of glycerin costs nearly the same. Only trouble is the pink coloring in RV antifreeze may conflict with the inkjet dye colors, and there could be other additives as well; otherwise I would have bought some...

Interesting to note that there is food grade propylene glycol available commercially and is used in certain food products...

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
after looking at numerous drugstores i found the glycerin at walmart in thier pharmacy department $2.50 for 6 ounces

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Mrelmo can you describe the bottle so I can look for it here?

RWP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
after looking at numerous drugstores i found the glycerin at walmart in thier pharmacy department $2.50 for 6 ounces
Wow! I'll have to try them... :)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
RWP,

glady you already found a alternative for the propylene glycol. Your comment about the propylene glycol: you're right it is potable but my comment towards mrelmo was about glycerol (or glycerin). Glycerin is known for hundreds of years, as it is a by product from soap making (natural fats/oils are commonly known as triglycerides of fatty acids: during soap making the fatty acids are split from the glycerol molecule to form the soap with sodium carbonate/hydroxide).

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ok here is the bottle 99.5% Glycerin 6 oz

2123_img_0140.jpg

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Thanks Mrelmo I will search for that next trip to Wal-Mart.