A solution on bad printing of Brother printer

billie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If anybody using a brother multi-function printer (LC900/LC41 series) find it doesnt print well as usual, this post may help him.

Firstly lets have a look at the cartridge of LC900. At the bottom there are two holes; the white one is air inlet while the black one is ink outlet. The air inlet is connected to the air vent channel (I am not sure if its correct English translation) in the printer, which supplies air to the cartridge through the inlet hole.

The other day I found the BK cartridge didnt print well with stripes. After I made a hole on the top of the cartridge, the printer went well. There must be something stopping the air, I guess. Then the printer was dissected and I found the air vent channel in the printer was filled with ink and no air could go through this channel. The ink came out from the air inlet of the cartridge. When I push with finger the stick in the center of the inlet, ink flew out and got messy. I guess the installation might give such a pressure to the stick. Later the ink was cleaned and everything became ok. This happened on both compatibles (some brands; Its impossible to test all) and OEM.

Its an old experience but I hope that could help your folks, though there arent many Brother users. Sometimes when you find bad printing, please check your printer first before you blame the ink quality.

DSC00327.JPG