A software solution to broken ink monitor

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I just found this. I don't know anything about it, but the idea is clever. Windows XP, I guess.

http://www.inkmon.org/

Oh, here are some more programs.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&xhr=t&...gc.r_pw.&fp=d0bc0128cd6e4604&biw=1170&bih=641

************************************** [light bulb !!]
And there's more. The Linux utility hp-levels must be open-source software. It must be possible to reset the levels with software. Requires a software modification, but does anyone know if this has been done, or how to do it?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ThrillaMozilla
Why would you want to buy something to monitor your ink when the print driver does it already?
Its only after you get it setup that you realise it doesnt works any better than the print driver
and youve being conned out of $$.. :(

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Because the built-in monitoring could have been disabled due to refilling.

But I wonder if inkmon would take auto maintenance cleaning cycles into account. They are fairly complicated and they do draw a lot of ink.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I don't know any way of resetting my HP564 cartridges. Also, note that many of these programs appear to be free, including the InkMon4.

I don't know how they handle cleaning cycles. And one other problem with this is that it wouldn't work well if you print a lot from two or more printers.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ThrillaMozilla I don't know any way of resetting my HP564 cartridges.
I see know where your coming from now and so if the software is free then I definitely would try it out.
Please report back as it might be what some other guys are looking for too..:)

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I'd be happy to try it, but now that I think about it, it's not quite that simple in my case. The 5-color version for my printer isn't free (although there may be free versions), and I don't often print from Windows, so I wouldn't get an accurate assessment (it's Windows software, and I usually print from a different Linux computer). Also, it would take me some months to empty some cartridges at the rate I'm printing right now. :(