A simple Pro-10 refill spreadsheet

dannno

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
I don't have a pro-10, I have pro 100. I haven't started to fill it out yet. I'll put date and cartridge set name (set 1, or 2, or A or B) in the left column with no header. Then, under each cart, left side will be weight before fill, right side, weight after fill.

Photo Pete

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro10
If you are wanting to use OEM inks as refillables why not just buy bulk sets of OEM cartridges, suck all the ink out of them with a syringe and put it in bottles and then use the ink like a standard refillable set?

I use Precision Colors inks for my Pro10, but find the gloss black isn't as good as I'd like. I simply buy 5 Gloss black OEM carts at a time, suck the ink out of them straight away, bottle it and then use the OEM gloss black ink just like the other PC refillables.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Photo Pete, that a very good idea especially when you’re not happy with the finish that the 3rd party black gives you, but I am curious as to know why, you’d want to remove the OEM ink from the original cartridge and then later refilled it to use, that does not make sense at all, am I missing something here. ?

Photo Pete

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro10
It allows me to top up the photo black cartridge when another one needs topping up, avoiding the domino effect. It also avoids leaving unused residual ink in the cartridge (which would be the case if I were just changing the cartridge every time it showed empty).

So, to get going with this I bought 5 oem gloss black cartridges. I sucked the ink out of 4 of them and bottled it. The final one I put straight in the printer and started using it. When any cartridge indicated it needed replacing I then topped up them all, including the oem gloss black. When my bottled supply of oem gloss black got low I ordered another five carts and sucked the ink out of all of them and bottled it, continuing to refill the originally installed cart as usual.

It works very well and lets me use oem ink exactly as I would use third party ink (still a pain that oem ink costs so much though).

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Photo Pete, Thank you for your details explanation, that is certainly an unusual way to do refilling, but I have to admit it seems to work very well for you... ;)