A request for a sticky

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hello to all!

May I request those savvy with these forums to compile the threads (or create one) that lists or talks about printer head cleaning methods? I tried a search, but came up with a lot of hits and I can only spend limited time doing this type of research or else I risk losing my job! LOL! Not good!

Thanks!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
on the opening page of the forum click the FAQ link and go to the first FAQ, "My printer isn't printing properly, what should I do?". Lots of info on cleaning Canon print heads. If you have an Epson you can drop an email to Arthur Entlich. He participates on the comp.periphs.printers newsgroup and will send you a copy of his head cleaning manual for Epson printers by return email. No spam, no charge. Just a good guy out to help.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If there is no problem why bother to clean the printhead? I have not had a need to clean my ip8500 printhead even once. Last night I refilled all cartridges and a quick nozzle check showed it was just perfect as usual. I may be wrong. But if I don't clean it and don't have problem for a year I tend to believe it's not necessary to clean it until I have to.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
hpnetserver - you are right. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Good advice for many types of devices. Alexandereci asked for info on head cleaning and I directed him to the two excellent sources I've seen, one of which is on this forum. Even if he doesn't have a head clog now, it is prudent to have that information available in case he needs it.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Fotofreek, I agree with you totally. My post was really a response to his entry post. There is nothing wrong about good advices on how to clean printheads. Even one uses only OEM carts he or she may need to clean/wash his or her printhead someday still. Your post is excellet in pointing to the right direction if one ever needs it for a printer. Thanks for your post.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've been trying to update the FAQ's as much as possible. If anyone has anything they'd like to add, please let me know. I've actually considered creating some type of "WIKI" system that everyone could use to create some excellent documentation, but so far the forum by itself has proven to be a great way to get this information. For example, this is a long read, but should be the first step for anyone who wants to find ways to solve their printing problems: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63