A Printer for Invitations

pennsylvaniakate

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My HP inkjet is about to bite the dust, and I am looking to get a new printer, but unsure if I should continue on the inkjet bunny trail or get a laser printer. I print the everyday stuff, but also do party and wedding invitations on the side when a friend or family member asks. There is so much information and variables, and I'd love some advice from people who know what they are talking about when it comes to printing. I've always worked with, pretty much, bottom of the line HP printers over the last few years, so now that I'm a bit older and wiser and have a bit more money to invest, I want to make sure I get what is going to work for me and not have exorbitant ink costs to pass onto my customers. So inkjet, pigment or dye ink, Epson, Canon, etc? Ecotanks or whatever, continuous ink systems, what is a con, and what is actually a smart purchase? I've always done refilled ink cartridges, but they are sometimes hit or miss on what would register or not register, but I definitely want something that I can work with that won't break the bank and give me great prints for invites. Thanks!

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
I used to print quite a bit but now that I've sold my business not so much. I do still print Christmas cards so when my old Canon printer bit the dust I searched for a new Canon that had an optional rear feed. That afforded me an almost straight paper path for printing cards. I settled on a new Canon TS8220 from B&H photo https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=ts8220&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma On sale for only $69 with free shipping. The Canon site also has it for the same price and deal. This is a all in one printer that has a scanner, front and back feeds, it is a 6 color printer and will also do duplex printing. It also is very compact. I also own a Canon Pro 100 photo printer and to my eyes there is no difference in photo prints between the two. There are many 3rd party cartridge sellers available with excellent results. For my cards I purchase ppd Photo Paper Direct half fold glossy card stock and then cut the sheets in half, giving me 200 ea 4.25 by 5.50 cards perfect for invitations or Christmas cards. Amazon sells this paper.

Latest posts