A noobs guide to DVD Cover/ DVD disc Creation

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey all,

Got bored this arvo so I put together an instructional videio of how to create professional looking DVD's with a canon MP600

Although the guide is made with my MP600, This could be applied to any Pixma printer with dvd printing or even, god forbid, epsons.

I will probally be making a few more of these vids in the next few days to demonstrate various refilling techniques. I will also make one on how to correctly swap and install chips on the PGI-5BK and CLI-8 c/m/y carts

hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbicQzWsPJM

You will need:

* Blank printable dvd's
A DVD printer (MP600 used in this guide)
230gsm Glossy Photo Paper
A guillotine or scissors
Gloss Spray
cd Label Print(or equivalent)
Easy cd and dvd cover creator (or equivalent)
Blank DVD cases
Tissue and old dvd spindle

Step One: Go to cdcovers.cc and download your cover.
Step two: Open Easy cd and dvd cover creator. Click standard dvd case and click continue.
Step three: Click on "choose images"
Step Four: click on "choose one image for whole cover" and then click "choose image"
Step five: choose your cover from the list and click "open"
Step six: Untick "print spine" and click on "print"
Step seven: Click "print" again
Step eight: click on "properties" and change the media type to "glossy photo paper"
Step nine: Click "ok" and "ok" again to begin printing.
Step ten: Cut out your cover using a guillotine or scissors and place into your blank DVD case.
Step eleven: Open cd Label print, Choose "new" and go to "add image"
Step twelve: Choose your image and press "ok" twice. Make sure the cover fits the disc on screen with no white showing.
Step Thirteen: Click "print" and "print" again. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Step Fourteen: Place a tissue on an old DVD spindle and place your newly printed dvd on the spindle. Using the Gloss spray lightly spray your dvd. It should take about 30 seconds to dry.

Place your dvd back in the case and you have the finished product!

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
added some more info for clarity