A new way to fill

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
lowepg said:
...I only tried 1 piece of what Ross claimed...
But you didn't try what Ross claimed. You drilled a hole in the reservoir and you didn't plug it as Ross said you must. Can you please repeat your test but this time don't drill a hole in the reservoir or if you do, put an air-tight plug in it.

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sent a quick email to Ross to ask him about filling while in the printer:

He responded back in about 10 minutes:

"you cannot and should not fill them while in the printer.
you should always remove them, recap them (orange bottom seal) and unplug the fill side port before filling. Maybe you didn't watch the full video or you confused early video talking with the proper procedure found at 15 minutes plus into the video, where we recap by actually showing the refill process and recap how and what to do exactly outlined."

I noted the discrepancy regarding the "fill while in printer reference" in his videos.

he replied:

"we'll bleep that reference or reburn the video.
thanks.

Ross Hardie
InkJetCarts"

Crisis solved? Thank goodness. This was acting as far too big of a distraction on the REAL issues of the week.... US congressional twitter feeds...... :)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
lowepg said:
Sent a quick email to Ross to ask him about filling while in the printer:

He responded back in about 10 minutes:

"you cannot and should not fill them while in the printer.
you should always remove them, recap them (orange bottom seal) and unplug the fill side port before filling. Maybe you didn't watch the full video or you confused early video talking with the proper procedure found at 15 minutes plus into the video, where we recap by actually showing the refill process and recap how and what to do exactly outlined."

I noted the discrepancy regarding the "fill while in printer reference" in his videos.

he replied:

"we'll bleep that reference or reburn the video.
thanks.

Ross Hardie
InkJetCarts"

Crisis solved? Thank goodness. This was acting as far too big of a distraction on the REAL issues of the week.... US congressional twitter feeds...... :)
Good work, you got Ross to admit that he lied in his video, that's great. But I'm not sure he's talking about the same video(s). We'll see if they get fixed.

But I have a question: when he says, "unplug the fill side port before filling", which side is he talking about, the reservoir side or the sponge side?

Now can you get the first two videos on vacuum filling with a syringe fixed? They need to show the whole process from start to finish with no editing from the point of placing the empty cartridge in the contraption, to filling with ink, and finally taking the cartridge out of the contraption so we can have a good look at it.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
He posted two videos on expensive gadgets that do vacuum filling with a syringe and a third video (post #13) on the modified prefilled cartridges that Ross Hardie is selling.
Guess you're right. I was confused by the fact that the thread title is "A new way to fill", and that fact that he waited until post 13 to make it "Two new ways to fill". ;) Memo to self: next time you make such a comment, reread the whole darned thread first.

I agree that Hardie's (first?) post certainly is a doozie, and worthy of exposing. The others, well, I don't know what to make of them. I'm queasy about them as sales documents, but they're interesting as a demonstration of concepts. I'm pretty sure they will work, but maybe not without some additional steps that are a bit much to ask of average users.

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr,

BTW- I did ask him to take a photo of himself with a t-shirt that read " Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" - but he has not responsed as of yet.

I consider my part done....

To all those who still have the capacity to enjoy the day: Cheers!

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Yes I think all the posts here are relevant to my original post & I'm learning lots of new information. ghwellsjnr is just making sure that newbies like me don't try anything from the Ross Hardie videos without being aware of the potential problems in his methods. The Ross Hardie open air maze issue was my fault as after my two problematic refills by not having the German method hole big enough to get the needle completely into the ink chamber led to ink coming out of the air maze. This led me to like the open air maze but now my refills should be problem free & the air maze can stay covered.

I've just had to refill my ClI8 PM & it's the first time I've had no ink on my hands. The needle was fully into the ink side & the ink ink well was full to the top. The cleanest refill I've ever done thanks to my making the needle hole a little bit bigger than the needle. My air maze's will remain covered as per the design:)
Thanks everyone for your great input, I'm overjoyed.

Latest posts