9500 usage

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
in these 2 days i printed around 120 pages with the 9500, i noticed that the area above the cartridges is a bit dirty now. Probably after so much printing the air inside the cover got full of micronized ink and dirtied everything a bit.

There's some kind of manteinance that I should do manually? I mean ink nozzle are ok, wondering if after lot of continuous printing is safer clean manually the printhead with some product or (I think) is better do nothing and leave the cleaning part to the printer itself. I believe that the powder over the cartridges is only an aesthetic problem.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I used to print on Canon fine art matt papers on my pro9500 & they used to lose paper dust a particles which got into the rollers etc causing them to squeak but I never saw any dust etc on the cartridges. This never as far as I know affected the print head so I don't think you should clean your printhead if you are getting a good nozzle check. Maybe you could carefully use a vacuum with a brush attachment to go over thee parts you can see. Others will have some better advice so hang on until you hear from them.