9100 refuses to print

theStuman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a 9100 which stopped printing PM. OK the PM was empty, so I fitted an new PM cartridge. Still refused to print PM. OK this was weird, did some research and maybe a blocked print head was the problem. Tried the air blow out method, no avail. Tried the air on the other cartridge holes, now they will not print. OK times are drastic. Soaked the entire head in nice warm water, got heaps of ink out, let it dry for 1 day, and blew it out with air again just to make sure that it was dry. Now no cart will print at all.

Can someone please tell me what to do next.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You should not have let the print head dry out at all. you should have installed it back to your printer right after soaking and do a couple of cleaning cycles to drive the water out and while water is on the way out ink is drawn in. Just soak it again and let all ink channels al full of water then try it again. You can also try to let the printer idle for an hour or two and let the ink flow into the empty print head and purge the air out. This may be slow and you will still need a few light cleaning cycles afterwards.