9000 pro MKii front feed not printing the given dimensions

Paul Mohney

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SoCal between downtown disney and down town L.A.
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000 pro Mk ii
if there is an existing solution for this situation I would be grateful, for a link.
Printing 11 X 17 140 lb cold pressed cotton rag, gives pastels a whole new meaning.
So to day i asked fo a 15 X 12 area and got something off center, and about 12 X 10.
I tried on some thinner stock and got the same resullt.
I have been printing this stock off and on for a couple of months, and this is the first mystery illness encountered.
paper is feeding alright, it is just not using all of the space i asked it to. I'll keep looking, there's only a couple of gazillion posts here
thanks in advance
Paul in LA
between Disneyland and downtown L.A.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@ Paul Mohney, The problem you’re having isn’t a new one, it can happen to anyone, but first which O/S are you working with and which App are you using to print from...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The issue of paper size and image size not being what was intended is caused when the App is set to one size and the print setting is set to another and so long as the paper size is bigger than the image size then there is no conflict and it will print. (Wrongly)

Try opening your image as normal and when finished editing click on print, the print dialogue box opens and in there you can then enlarge/decrease your image size and position, but first you must set the Printer Media type and paper size.

The Paper size is always set in the Printer Setting.

You can Open the Printer Setting in the print dialogue box.

You can Also Set your Margins.. in dialogue box.

And your Image Size here Too.. in dialogue box.

Untitled-2.jpg Click to enlarge..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat - nice use of color fonts and circles! :thumbsup

Paul Mohney

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000 pro Mk ii
when you say "the app" which app are you speaking of?.
The paper sizze can be changed in a couple of places, in the software I have don't know what you're running
The paper size can be changed on the first page but it it is a limited menu, in advances setingson the page setup there is a broader menu and a custom setting.
The rear feed has no problems adjusting to any size I can put in it. So I venture to say if it were a setting problem it would be accross the board

Attachments

• paper size.pdf
    318.3 KB · Views: 280

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Printing 11 X 17 140 lb cold pressed cotton rag, gives pastels a whole new meaning.
So to day i asked fo a 15 X 12 area and got something off center, and about 12 X 10.
As @The Hat said, your paper must be as large or larger than the image you want to print.

In your example, your rag paper is 11 x 17 but you set the image to be printed at 12 x 15. Your paper has a width of 11, not 12. You cannot exceed the dimensions of the paper. You have a settings mismatch. The software did is best to comply and printed the image with dimensions 10 x 12 (width x height).

Recheck your settings and try again.

Paul Mohney

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000 pro Mk ii
the software that came with the printer is nearly idiot proof, as far as printing goes. Lord knows I've tried to mismatch paper and print, but it won't let me. Then there are times when it tells me i've done something wrong but won't give me an option to correct it.
When I couldn't print on a thicker paper, I went to a never seen a tree "paper" of the same size but able to crawl through the back w/o any undo problems.
it ran fine, with no change to the settings.
I leave room to lay a matte on the paper w/o encroaching on the image.
So for an 11 X 17 I would print like a 9 X 15 (and it was being printed landscape) So it's a mystery to me. I may have done some thing wrong,but given the number of vaiables on this printer and my novice status in wrangling it, the possibilities are endless.
While we're at it. Sometimes when I'm printing from the front tray I get an error saying I can't print from the front tray in it's current position (frkng Kama Sutra or what?), I have knee rebuilding surgery, Friday after next and I have most but not all of my Christmas printing done. We are doing a partial rebuild on the front bathroom,and I'm trying to clean out the garage, so I can actually work in it.
So if can get front feed to cooperate I'd be a happy puppy.
Thanks for your help so far
Paul in SoCal and so glad it doesn't snow here

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
So it's a mystery to me.
You asked the printer to print something larger than the paper you told it was being fed. There are sensors that detect the paper. Depending on what actually was in play in your circumstance at the time with paper and settings, you may get a print (desired or not) or the printer balks and you need to make adjustments.

Consider trying to print again with appropriate scaled dimensions of the image for the size of the paper or get larger paper (if your printer can handle larger sized paper).

I get an error saying I can't print from the front tray in it's current position
Please be more specific: What is the complete error message, the number of times the error lights flash in repeated succession, and what paper/settings you are using if you recall.

Latest posts