9 ink already ????? come On..even i didn't yet feel the 5 one....

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
DId u see the new HP 8750 ??
Nine Ink Contain
Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow, Blue, Light Black, Medium Black, Dark Black

What the ....is this..real....
and it's even cost more than a real modern photo printing...

so what's the use .......
Here it's comes from " http://www.photo-i.co.uk/ "

What do you think guys ? :D

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
That's too much. I won't even think of buying that one. Only a person who doesn't know much about printing will be impressed by that printer.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yes...i also think like that.......
that was..to much...
according to me a 5 ink with grainless dot an a nice colouring render engine is good enough........
What's the use 9 ink......
since the purpose of printer ( according to me ) is to make or create a photo quality printing in your house without expensive cost...........
THats......turn over the printer destiny.........
BTW how much colour sensors were used in our eyes ??? :)

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
The reason for the 3 blacks is to allow high end B&W printing (considered to be very desirable by many professional photographers). Even a custom profile only eliminates color casts when prints are viewed under the same lighting conditions as were used to generate the profile. Print a grayscale image and look at it under sunlight, shade, tungsten lights (conventional light bulbs) and then florescent lights to see how the colors can change. Also see http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-metamerism.htm for a discussion on metamerism. Using only gray/black inks to print B&W photos is supposed to minimize these effects.

Also, when colors fade, they usually do not do so at different rates, so even a neutral B&W print generated with colored (dye based or pigment based) inks can take on color casts over time.

As with the debates over archival prints (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=274), this subject is only of interest to a small percentage of inkjet users - mostly professional photographers who sell their prints. This printer is clearly targeted at that market segment, not the general public.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
To follow up on Granddad's info, there are high end ink sets that replace all the color carts in a printer with varying densities of light gray to black for B/W printing. They are available in varying warm and cold tones as well as sepia. They come with special drivers specific to the printer used. MIS has these inks for Epson printers - I don't know it they are also available for Canon. You would have to have a dedicated printer for b/w printing only with these materials. It is an interesting idea to combine color and b/w carts in the same printer.

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for that info Grandad. I really thought that this is just another rip-off and I'm really glad I'm wrong.