$80 Dual Extrusion Addon

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
This is a pretty cool idea! No purge-block required.

It still seems a bit buggy, but I love that there are more and more innovations coming out all the time!

(this is definitely a mod that's too far above my wheelhouse / skill-level, especially when it comes to swapping out the board, flashing firmware, etc., but I still love the idea)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is a pretty cool idea! No purge-block required.
It still seems a bit buggy,
I’m still learning and enjoying my 3D printer but duel nozzles are a bridge to far for me, because I swap out my filament roles for different colours all the time, and I reckon this idea is not to my liking because the controls then become software based and are more likely to mess up.

To try any of these ideas out you need to mess with the firmware, great if it works but what if.. And in my case I am sure to bugger it up, and the other scenario is what if you want to go back to just one head… Another Feckin firmware change back, no thanks…:barnie
Just get two 3D printers..:thumbsup

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
It's really not that difficult to do firmware amendments, the big thing is actually having the nerve to try it the first time! And of course having the common sense to make a back up of the original firmware before starting ;)

But it's not for everyone, just as some peope will throw a wobbler if they move from Windows to Mac or vice versa. If in doubt don't go there :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It's really not that difficult to do firmware amendments,
O’ it’s not but it still requires a lot of patience, and I couldn’t be bothered connecting the computer to the 3D printer, besides it’s about 30 odd metres away, so it would mean a lot of cabling running back and forth between the two, that’s if Ted doesn’t eat them first..

I found using the 3D printers very easy, maybe it’s because they weren’t tethered to a computer and I was free to make as many mistakes as I liked without crashing anything in the background.. I just don’t have the dedication or patience I once had.. If it Ain’t broke..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I can do that now without the need for multiple heads.. :)

cone.JPG