780 Problem

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My 780 seems to be using the pigment ink a lot faster than I would have expected. The ink resevoir is already 1/2 empty and I have probably only printed 25 pages of B/W. We went through a lot of color doing Christmas cards but that should not have affected 3e cart. Correct? I have it set to color, plain paper for everyday use. Any thoughts. Another thing. I mentioned in another post that I currently have both a 780 and a 830. It may be my eyes but the 780 B/W text looks a little better. The color prints on glossy look about the same, but maybe a deeper color on the 830. My net cost on the printers is the same, but I may return the 830 since I have an extra new print head and a full set of OEM carts for the 780. I can keep the print head and the carts for the 830 it I return it. Decisions, decisions.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The dye black ink is not used when you specify plain paper. Instead, the pigment black is used, even when printing color pictures.

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
That is what I thought, but it sure is using it somewhere. Not that much has been printed on plain paper.