5C00

MP530

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MP530
I am looking for a working purge unit for a Canon MP530. I have been getting the error code 5c00 and have extracted and partially disassembled the unit. It is clean and I am not able to see anything wrong with it, except that the movement seems to be too stiff. The part number is QM2-2925 and apparently is also used in the MP500. One thread indicated that Canon updated this part and gave it a new number.

Any help would be much appreciated. I live in eastern Ontario, Canada

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The purge unit is QM2-2925-000 like you said, but I cant find any new available on 2 major EU distributors and aliexpress also found nothing. Your best bet is to find another printer and take it for parts.

MP530

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MP530
Thank you for looking. I am not entirely sure mine is defective so I will keep working on it.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You can take purge unit out, clean it washing in the sink, then relube with silicone water plumbing type lubricant it should work fine. The replacement is needed if rubber pads are damaged, not making proper seal and print head dries up quickly, or print head wiper is bad.

MP530

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MP530
Thank you. I have had it out and washed it well. After reinstalling it, the motion seems to be fine but it is out of sync with the ink carriage. It also seems to stop a various stages of its movement. Is there a way to match up the gears the way they are supposed to be?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hard to say how to match the gears, did you have to teardown pump itself? Usually it self cleans if add cleaning liquid to tubes. I only wash outside remove motor if needed.

MP530

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MP530
Thank you. I looked inside the pump and it was clean. I am beginning to wonder if there is an electronic issue. I replaced the main logic board with one that was supposed to be tested but it is not something I would know how to check.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If the printer throws errors regarding purge unit on display or pc, then its the purge unit. So you disassembled purge unit pump it has gears, you did not mark with marker, and did not make photos?