3d printing v coronavirus covid 19 in Italia

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for the update, Picard.

I doubt an Italian court will convict these guys as long as they keep their word about profiteering or sharing the design. These two are heroes.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I doubt an Italian court will convict these guys as long as they keep their word about profiteering or sharing the design. These two are heroes.
Even the Heros can get lynched in the world of money and finance… :(
To save one life with this is remarkable, but to save many is commendable..
The way to Go..Go.. Go..:weee

Capture.88JPG.JPG

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Pity we can't help with printing but even if the design were released PLA is not suitable as it cannot be sanitised :(

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I was glad to see this thread with the initial post and the follow-up!

Amazing to see the potential and literally life-saving aspects of 3D printing. It's fantastic.

While I can kinda see things from the company's perspective (every company exists for one main goal: make money!), I can also see more of the necessity to allow for life-saving exceptions.

Maybe some kind of compromise: The 3D printing peeps are allowed to make as many as possible / needed to save lives until the company can supply / sell them, and then the insurance companies or even the government can compensate the company in some way for the "loss" of sales?

... but regardless, I applaud those that are finding solutions and love that 3D printing is helping to save lives!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
While I can kinda see things from the company's perspective
.. but regardless, I applaud those that are finding solutions and love that 3D printing is helping to save lives!
I reckon this company is been petty, these guys are making 3D plastic products that will last only a short while and will stop producing them when adequate supplies of the original metal Ventilators are made available…

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I read at this moment that at Brussels University engineers together with Italian and Canadian collegues have collected the specifications to built entire respiration units with 3D.
:thumbsup