2xMP830 - 1 with 6A00 and 1 with Scanner Bulb not working.

pablo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hiya,

Should I create a Frankenstein MP830?

I've got an MP830 that's had an 6A00 error for the last few weeks. I've tried using Windex on the bits I can get to without disassembling it, but
I can't see an easy way to get at the bits some people here are taling about. Do I need to partially/totally disassemble the thing or am I missing something? Pointers to photos/Guide/Service Manual would be much appreciated.

Anyway, in my frustration, I managed to find a cheap used MP830 on Ebay. It prints perfectly, however, the scanner doesn't work. From the messages it's spitting out, it sounds like the lamp has gone.

So..... Is there anyway someone can suggest to either replace the lamp, or take the whole scanner etc off the A600 affected MP830 and put it on the one that prints?

Alternatively, Can I somehow just use the scanning component of the one with the A600 error by bypassing the error somehow?

Cheers,
Pablo

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I tried swapping scanners between a pair of MP780's but it didn't fix the problem. You just never know where the real fault lies. It's a gamble so don't assume that it will work.

pablo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks ghwellsjr,

Can you suggest things I should or shouldn't do? It's not really the end of the world if it doesn't work, but I'd really love to have a scanner working.

Also tips on how to take the thing apart would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
pablo

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have very little experience with any of the newer printers so I cannot offer any suggestions except if you are thinking about getting another printer, I would suggest going back to the MP780.

pablo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply,

It sounds like everyone is very happy with the MP780's, and good to hear that you reccomend it.

I've had a look at some of yours and others posts on this forum, and it's great to see so much info. I'm about to try the "German method" you pointed me to in your sig.. Very excited, as I have a bunch of excellent ink from a CSS (my dodgy setting up of the CSS is probably caused the 6A00 in the first place), and this sounds like a good way to go forward.