20 gauge 3 long needles?

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Ron350 said:
This is so frustrating.
The stigma attached to needles and syringes in the US really makes refilling suck.

All I wanted was one 20 gauge needle to see how it compared to the 18 gauge needle using the German method.
It is nice to have 3 inch long needle so it will reach the bottom of a 2 oz. bottle of ink.

I may have to change over to shorter glass bottles and us the 2 inch needle. I think the grocery store sells pimentos in short 2 oz bottles that will work.

Wonder what pimento juice will do to a Canon print head? LOL
I have used both 20ga and 18ga.I much prefer the 18ga(if sharp).

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ron350 said:
All I wanted was one 20 gauge needle to see how it compared to the 18 gauge needle using the German method.
It is nice to have 3 inch long needle so it will reach the bottom of a 2 oz. bottle of ink.
Tell you what Ron I might just send you a single 20g + a 22g 2inch needle if you'll donate something to the Red Cross on my behalf.. Oh and say nice things about OctoInkjet*

*optional ;)

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Thanks Websnail but shipping from England to Alabama would cost too much.

I have one more place in town to check before ordering needles from England. There is a local farmers supply store that stocks the medicine that farmers inject in farm stock. Hopefully this store will stock needles and glass syringes also.

tsiya

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Find a feed store that sells agricultural supplies, they usually have needles and syringes for large animal veterinary use. You can cut off the sharp end if you want to. They are dirt cheap that way.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ron350 said:
Thanks Websnail but shipping from England to Alabama would cost too much.

I have one more place in town to check before ordering needles from England. There is a local farmers supply store that stocks the medicine that farmers inject in farm stock. Hopefully this store will stock needles and glass syringes also.
No problem... think it's about 1.65, which is about $2.20 if you were under the impression it was Dick Turpin style costs... :)