13x19 practice paper for Canon i9900

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Where do you get cheap plain paper as large as 13 by 19 to practice on with the wide format Canon i9900?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I looked on the Kelly Paper Company web site for paper sizes. The closest size without having them cut the paper for you is 12x18. You could also buy 25x38 paper and have it cut down to 12 1/2 x 19 with no waste or 13x19 with the remainder at 12x19. Go to any large for-the-printing-trade paper house in your area to see what papers and what sizes they stock. Kelly paper company in San Francisco has an excellent selection of types of paper and will cut to order. Of course, they charge per cut.

These are plain papers and not inkjet glossy or coated papers so the print quality will not be the same.

WhiteDog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you want really big paper get the Canson ink sketch paper in pad form from a Michaels store or similar, in the 18x24 size and cut it to 13x23, which is the maximum an i9900 will take. Mine is called the Canson "biggie." You won't be far off if you use 11x17 office paper either. Plain paper proofing is a good idea.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
printonit.com has 11x17 Ilford Printasia pearl paper on sale now. I use it a lot with my i9900. They might still have some 13 x 19 in stock if you enquire.

Good luck!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
WhiteDog said:
If you want really big paper get the Canson ink sketch paper in pad form from a Michaels store or similar, in the 18x24 size and cut it to 13x23, which is the maximum an i9900 will take. Mine is called the Canson "biggie." You won't be far off if you use 11x17 office paper either. Plain paper proofing is a good idea.
Thanks, WhiteDog. I had previously gone into a Michaels asking for paper at least as large as 13x19 and the guy said the largest they had in smooth white paper was 11x17. After reading your post and knowing what to look for, I went back and found it on my own.

Thanks again.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Manuchau said:
printonit.com has 11x17 Ilford Printasia pearl paper on sale now. I use it a lot with my i9900. They might still have some 13 x 19 in stock if you enquire.

Good luck!
Hey Manuchau, I couldn't find "pearl" paper on their website but I did find Printasia Photo Satin Paper on sale. It doesn't look like practice paper, it looks like it is intended for the final product. I'm really tempted to get some. Do you (or anyone else) have experience with it and recommend it for the final product?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes....the photo satin is very similar to the pearl paper, and works really well for the prints that I sell. It is incredibly cheap on that site, and I have bought paper there many times.

They might not be selling it for much longer, so take advantage of the sale that is happening there. Very honest, reliable seller!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Unfortunately it's already off the website, but I looked through the "Paper" section of this forum (something I should have done at first), and I can see that all of Ilford's papers come highly recommended, so next time I'm tempted, I will follow through while I have the chance.

Thanks, for your response.