Recent content by Epatcola

  1. E

    LED UV Curing: The Perfect Match for Inkjet Printer UV Ink Applications

    More AI slop from someone else with a 20 year old chinese bubblejet :) The world is going to hell. It seems half the new videos on youtube are now AI generated text read by a poor speech synthesiser accompanied by vaguely (sometime very vaguely) related panned and zoomed still images.
  2. E

    Hello from a print technology entusiast

    Does anyone think this isn't AI generated slop? Please share your experience with that 20 year old bubblejet.
  3. E

    Epson WF-4630 colour streaks in black-white mode

    It looks to me like a control board failure. Probably RAM although I would think RAM would be common to more than raster image generation. Some nozzles could be bad/blocked as a separate problem. I can't see it being anything driver/computer related with the nozzle check failing. You could...
  4. E

    What Are You Printing Today?

    The new car has a keyless entry fob. If I attach it to a key ring or even keep it in the same pocket it is going to get scratched to hell. I wondered if I could find a cover or pouch to protect it. I found a half cover here which half protects it. Then I thought most of the time I only really...
  5. E

    Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

    Three swallow chicks waiting to be fed.
  6. E

    What Are You Printing Today?

    PLA+ doesn't mean much. It is PLA with some additives. What additives depends on who made it. I bought a few cheap rolls of GooFoo PLA+ which I find to be pretty good. I also have some matte PLA+ from Tinmorray and a few colors of PLA+ from eSUN.
  7. E

    What Are You Printing Today?

    I got a new car recently. Today I printed a dedicated funnel for the screen wash reservoir. I found and downloaded a not very nice model which I used as a guide to design this one. PETG printed in vase mode. The car has a wireless phone charging tray. My phone and case has such a big lens bump...
  8. E

    Brother 3270CDW Showing "No Toner"

    You can download a service manual here. It shows that sensors below the cartridges and developer terminal voltage monitoring can produce "No Toner" messages. There are other cartridge associated error messages "Cannot Detect" and "Cartridge Error". I would guess they take precedence so "No...
  9. E

    Something New !

    A few from our garden yesterday. Straight out of the phone. The table is some of the seeds she planted this year.
  10. E

    Something New !

    My green fingered other half also identified it as speedwell. Looks more like Slender Speedwell (Veronica filiformis) to me. Advice on should it go or should it stay here.
  11. E

    ET-8500 refusing to print anything

    The printer has a web interface. I would try opening that in a browser to confirm the network connection is functional and the printer IP address is what you think it is. If you can access the web interface that indicates the problem is driver related.
  12. E

    Epson ET-8550: horizontal banding mainly in neutral gray midtones despite clean nozzle check

    That is one bizarre problem. I would try printing an obviously failing image from a USB stick or memory card to completely rule out computer/drivers/communications. I doubt it will make a difference, but, it is quick and easy to check. To me it looks like any use of the photo grey channel is...
  13. E

    Re-lubricating the Carriage Guide Rail - Epson ET-8550

    There are sites which can download pdfs from scribd. This one for example. The lubrication section starts on page 161. The carriage rail needs a little under 2g of Epson G-97 grease which looks like it is white lithium based probably lower viscosity than typical and possibly with added PTFE...
  14. E

    Re-lubricating the Carriage Guide Rail - Epson ET-8550

    A service manual is viewable here (or was if it isn't there when you look:))
Back
Top