Maybe they don't last so many pages...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The Hat said:
Smile said:
How come KODAK print heads are so cheap ?
I wouldnt take one for free if they were giving them away.. :smack
Any insight on that, never had a KODAK?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Kodak are suppose to be the cheapest printers to run with OEM inks,
but who in their right mind would wants to stay using OEM ink,
have you ever tried refilling a Kodak cartridge, Ouch..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Hat said:
Kodak are suppose to be the cheapest printers to run with OEM inks,
but who in their right mind would wants to stay using OEM ink,
have you ever tried refilling a Kodak cartridge, Ouch..
No never. I never had a KODAK ! Why are they so bad?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
My mother, bless her, decided to buy herself a Kodak photo printer gizmo despite my assertions she was mad (probably why she bought the thing!) and lo' it had numerous problems after less than 6 months and 30 prints usage.

Paper feed failed when the part that lifted the paper into the rollers stopped working and a little investigation by yours truly discovered it was a real achilles heel made out of cheap, small plastic that was just waiting to break...

Can't say I'm surprised they died but at least they tried to break the OEM ink price barriers...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
What model was that? KODAK makes many different models, some maybe worse than others. The same can be said about any Manufacturer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Smile said:
What model was that? KODAK makes many different models, some maybe worse than others. The same can be said about any Manufacturer.
True enough... I don't know which model it was as I wasn't paying attention and it's now long gone to the tip for recycling..

goers

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Canon printheads: well, despite all the negative comments about 'Chinese refurbished printheads" all I can say is I went to Shenzhen (across HongKong border) and there actually met the Chinese guy seller, who came all the way from 1 hour away by train, and who supplied me with 2 new printheads for free, cos my genuine Canon P/H had failed. He is keen for business and was most helpful. As for 'made in China', guess what, I have seen the Canon Company is located near Zhuhai, near Macau, and this guy who helped me gets hold of Canon parts. (I don't ask questions). I realize one must be careful about buying in China, but, they are not all suspect. I buy all my watches, mobile phones, nice fashion jewelry for my wife, etc in China, for a fraction of the cost, and if they fail I am still miles ahead of ' rip-off prices here in Australia. eg. my 'Omega watch' (cannot tell the difference!) is still going perfectly after 3 years. One of my mobiles failed cos I dropped it and the mic went on me - I took it back for refund and they upgraded me to a later model for a little extra. As long as you are aware of buying in China, and know how to haggle well, you can do good. The printheads are still going great. Sorry to hear if others have had problems.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
goers said:
Canon printheads: well, despite all the negative comments about 'Chinese refurbished printheads" all I can say is I went to Shenzhen (across HongKong border) and there actually met the Chinese guy seller, who came all the way from 1 hour away by train, and who supplied me with 2 new printheads for free, cos my genuine Canon P/H had failed. He is keen for business and was most helpful. As for 'made in China', guess what, I have seen the Canon Company is located near Zhuhai, near Macau, and this guy who helped me gets hold of Canon parts. (I don't ask questions). I realize one must be careful about buying in China, but, they are not all suspect. I buy all my watches, mobile phones, nice fashion jewelry for my wife, etc in China, for a fraction of the cost, and if they fail I am still miles ahead of ' rip-off prices here in Australia. eg. my 'Omega watch' (cannot tell the difference!) is still going perfectly after 3 years. One of my mobiles failed cos I dropped it and the mic went on me - I took it back for refund and they upgraded me to a later model for a little extra. As long as you are aware of buying in China, and know how to haggle well, you can do good. The printheads are still going great. Sorry to hear if others have had problems.
Look I am sorry but I have to take you to task on these cheap print head deals your reputed to have gotten in China.

There is no such thing as Genuine Canon print heads been sold cheaply,
that just doesnt happen in China or anywhere else for that matter, unless theyre a knocked off job.

Furthermore nice guys or rouges dont travel to you, you travel to them and they give away absolutely nothing,
(They SELL) that's how deals are done, so please stop trying to come the raw prawn here.

There are Canon refurbished print head to be had in China but they are not new ones
and yes there are also new print heads available but again not OEM, just good copies.

Now as far as seeing the Canon factories in Zhuhai or Macau are concerned,
well thats a bloody long way from the Guangdong Province (Shenzhen).

Besides of all the various Canon buildings and factories located in the southern provinces,
not one of them makes any inkjet printers or parts whatsoever.

You may live in sunny Oz and say that you get ripped off by its high prices, but if you supported the local business then prices might get cheaper,
its much the same everywhere else well, welcome to the real world mate.. :)