Pro 1 with B200 Error: Dismantle or shred?

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
I got a free Canon Pro 1 printer. I plug it it and get the B200 error. I can't install the driver on either of 2 computers. Should I:
1. Disassemble and try to soak/clean the print head?
2. Declare defeat and move onto another project. (I did bring back a Canon Pro 10 with a B200 error!)

Open to other thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,

Reid

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
I'm no stranger to a screwdriver so can't resist looking under the hood.

I've removed the top but am stuck trying figure where the figure out how to release the print head or even where the view in the picture below is located. Even if I am able to free the print head, how do you clear the B200 error or how would the printer know that the print head had been changed (if I had another print head, which I don't).

I was able to take out the print head and it looked ok, put it back in, but now it's locked and can't release.

Thanks,

Reid

Pro 1.jpg

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
Progress. The instructions omitted removing the 3 black screw that holds the side cover. I was able to release the carriage and remove the print head. When I turn it on, I get the 17 yellow flashes which error codes suggest the

The ink remaining level is not enough to perform the system cleaning function.

I there a diagram that shows which ink tubes are which inks colors since I can't install the printer to see a status check?

The print head looks reasonable, no dried or excessive ink showing. Could it be the printer only needs ink?

Thanks,

Reid

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
OK, I'll heed your advice. I just called a 3rd party ink site and they said to run away, that the printer is bad news, they were known for B200 errors out of the box, and said the error would come back.

For someone that could've made money selling me ink, I was impressed with his honesty. Reluctantly, I'll move on.