refurbished print heads from china

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have used refurbished Canon print heads from China with no problems. I bought it because the seller had a 100% positive rating on ebay. The IS ink seller everyone praises do not even have a 100% rating. I would buy refurbished print head from China again if I ever need one again. It's not as cheap as you might think. If there is not a new one from Canon available you have very little choice anyway.

No one else makes Canon compatible print heads. No one makes copies. That is a fact. Canon does not sell refurbished print heads. That is another fact.

By the way you really never know if people really got cheap deals or not. It happens all the time. I once had a purchase of an equipment at $2000. The seller said he happened to be traveling near me and he offered a free delivery. The free delivery offer came after I won the auction. You really never know about people. A commercial delivery would have cost me hundreds of bucks. The guy drove across at least 2 US states to make the delivery.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Strange thing is that some seller write NEW in title, and NEW as condition, but when you ask them about it they reply something like this:

"Hello :
We have a refurbished product. The new products are
Greetings , HU"

Seems like google translate reply to me, but why they lie in their description.

Last edited:

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Strange thing is that some seller write NEW in title, and NEW as condition, but when you ask them about it they reply something like this:

"Hello :
We have a refurbished product. The new products are
Greetings , HU"

Seems like google translate reply to me, but why they lie in their description.

Because lies are for free, remember the old adagium "you get what you pay for",
"If Its Too Good To Be True, Its A Scam" Life is always teaching that you won´t find a diamond in a happy box, buyers think they´ve knocked on Heaven´s doors when see the prices advertised maybe buying from Alibaba is a better option to try to hold water in your hands.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Because lies are for free, remember the old adagium "you get what you pay for",
"If Its Too Good To Be True, Its A Scam" Life is always teaching that you won´t find a diamond in a happy box, buyers think they´ve knocked on Heaven´s doors when see the prices advertised maybe buying from Alibaba is a better option to try to hold water in your hands.

I think your adagium should be updated to reflect the modern world. Something along the lines, "You ALWAYS pay for what you get. The DIFFICULT part is getting what you payed for"

It has ever been thus. Even the Ancient Romans had their version, "Caveat emptor"

As for sellers bending the truth, surely you jest. Sellers don't do that do they?

RS

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
An "off the boat" Chinese girlfriend of mine once advised, "Never trust the Chinese." Referring to the cultural meme of "If you can get away with it, it's OK." What Middle Easterners call "Squeezing the Lemon." Same mindset.

I've bought a lot of items from the Chinese on eBay. The vast majority inexpensive things, no big deal if bad or I don't get. Most of the merchants I've had reason to contact have been forthright and hones. OTOH, I bought a fancy MP3 player for about $40, terrible software and interface, and then it died promptly. Of course, I was supposed to mail this back to the black hole at my expense.

Lesson learned.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Buying anything from the EBay site can be as dodgy as hell no matter where in the world it come from but buying something through Alibaba is totally different, you have picked up the wrong impression of Alibaba from somewhere.. :)

Last edited:

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Buying anything from the EBay site can be as dodgy as hell no matter where in the world it come from but buying something through Alibaba is totally different, you have pick up the wrong impression of Alibaba from somewhere.. :)
If replying to me, Hat, I've never bought through Alibaba. Probably never have a reason to.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
OP, you either have luck worse than mine or you are doing something wrong, as others have suggested.

As to using OEM inks, ask yourself this: How much money, let alone time, have you spent sorting out your head problems? Yes, paying full freight hurts, but............

I used to watch for good prices on genuine Canon CLI-8 cartridges, often picking them up for well under $10, sold as an individual item. Another alternative is buy those cheap Chinese carts, usually well under $2 each, in sets or maybe twice that individually. I've never had a problem with them, although color can be a bit off, but not necessarily so. Just luck of the draw.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I have nothing against chinese people, they are very laborious, good at making money, and smart people. This warning came from "within": You never trust chinese. Although they excel in marketing (they have no competitors) they lie like hell, or is it us just believing them without questioning. They are good at plating the seeds of doubt, leading us to think what they consider will tip the balance, biasing themself through other members commets, and always have a lot of "knowledge" and arguments to confront anyone. Their point of views can´t be contradicted.

2 ink brands mentioned here are owned by chinese descendants.
;)

Interesting, but the same could probably be said of any national or community subset. As the phrase goes - "the good, the bad and the ugly".

I don't think the Chinese have a lock on some of the less desirable traits of human nature. In addition our western culture loves to stereotype nationalities. For example dour Scots, luck of the Irish, etc. I even have a relative who believes the date of you birth defines your character, fortune and future activities. Go figure.

Not forgetting that all statements of a general nature are more than likely false, including this one.

Roy Sletcher
Trust everybody. Just make sure you cut the cards.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Harvey if one apple is bad in the barrel does that mean they are all bad, going on what you’re saying certainly sounds like to me.:(

I reckon you should apologise or edit you post..