No PGBK nozzle pattern printed on Canon Pixma MP830

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Either order.

Before, and should repool (after refilling the pad again).

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
turbguy said:
Either order.

Before, and should repool (after refilling the pad again).
Ah ok. If after pooling the pads with Windex, I leave the printer cover open for more than 30 seconds then the pool should be sucked by the purge system, right?

I'm currently soaking the print head in 1" of Windex solution now and plan to leave it there for about 2-3 days. Do I need to occassionally stir the mixture while the print head is in there?

Also, can I perform cleaning of the purge system now even without the print head installed in the printer?

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Also, this picture is exactly the same nozzle check pattern I have:

imag059511.jpg

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just tested my purge system and it seems to be working properly. It sucks the pooled liquid even without the print head installed, I just have to turn off and on the printer for the priming operation to kick in (as turbguy explained). Now I left the pooled liquid in the 2 pads to clean them as much as I can. Is it recommended to clean them until they look whitish? The pad for the color inks is whitish already.

Also, where does the liquid inside the printer go when it sucks it? Wouldn't it accumulate inside?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
No need to clean them white.

It accumulates in a waste ink pad (basically a stack of diapers) in the very bottom of the printer casing. Once the internal firmware of the printer calculates the diapers are full, the printer will shut down until they are serviced (and/or the firmware counter is "reset").

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
turbguy said:
No need to clean them white.

It accumulates in a waste ink pad (basically a stack of diapers) in the very bottom of the printer casing. Once the internal firmware of the printer calculates the diapers are full, the printer will shut down until they are serviced (and/or the firmware counter is "reset").

Wayne
Ah. When that happens, is it easily serviced? How long usually does that happen?

If the liquid is sucked properly, then I don't have any problems with my clogging in my purge system?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
kevindd992002 said:
Just tested my purge system and it seems to be working properly. It sucks the pooled liquid even without the print head installed, I just have to turn off and on the printer for the priming operation to kick in (as turbguy explained). Now I left the pooled liquid in the 2 pads to clean them as much as I can. Is it recommended to clean them until they look whitish? The pad for the color inks is whitish already.
Good on you Kevin, now keep going and get that print head back in and see how it prints.. :)

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After having done all these in order:

1.) 3day-soak of printhead in Windex
2.) Doing the soaked paper towel method while pressing the head against it so that the liquid comes through from the bottom of the head to the inlet ports until there is no more colored ink coming out
3.) Washing the head with purified water and then drying it in compressed air, using electric fan, and a lamp for around 6 hours
4.) Checked the purge system and both pads are working properly

Here's my nozzle check, it turned worse actually:

20131014_185846.jpg

What is my next step here? :(