No PGBK nozzle pattern printed on Canon Pixma MP830

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
kevindd992002 wrote:

...I have another print head from my ip4200 which I don't know if that is the component that destroyed that printer. Do you suggest I try that print head on the MP830? I bought that print head brand new from eBay. The ip4200 and MP830 uses the same print head model anyway.
This would be a very bad idea for two reasons:

First the print head is not the same for the two printers. iP4200 uses the QY6-0059 print head and MP830 uses the QY6-0061 print head.

Second you should never swap print heads between printers for troubleshooting. A defective print head can ruin a logic board and a defective logic board can ruin a print head.

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
kevindd992002 wrote:

...I have another print head from my ip4200 which I don't know if that is the component that destroyed that printer. Do you suggest I try that print head on the MP830? I bought that print head brand new from eBay. The ip4200 and MP830 uses the same print head model anyway.
This would be a very bad idea for two reasons:

First the print head is not the same for the two printers. iP4200 uses the QY6-0059 print head and MP830 uses the QY6-0061 print head.

Second you should newer swap print heads between printers for troubleshooting. A defective print head can ruin a logic board and a defective logic board can ruin a print head.
Oh stupid me, I thought they had the same print head.

Gotcha, I remember reading somewhere about that. So I guess I have to troubleshoot this current print head with my MP830 anyway.

Also, this printer didn't have the Paper Cassette tray included. When can I buy a spare part for that one?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
kevindd992002 wrote:

Also, this printer didn't have the Paper Cassette tray included. When can I buy a spare part for that one?
You cannot buy the cassette from Canon, but maybe you could find one at ebay? Some cassettes are interchangeable between different printer models, even if they don't look exactly the same, so maybe the cassette from the iP4200 can be used in the MP830?

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
kevindd992002 wrote:

You cannot buy the cassette from Canon, but maybe you could find one at ebay? Some cassettes are interchangeable between different printer models, even if they don't look exactly the same, so maybe the cassette from the iP4200 can be used in the MP830?
I've tried but it doesn't work. How do I make sure which alternative printer models support the same type of cassette tray?

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried replacing the cartridge with brand new OEM now and I still got the same results. I tried deep cleaning it once to no avail too. What is my next step?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
kevindd992002 said:
I tried replacing the cartridge with brand new OEM now and I still got the same results. I tried deep cleaning it once to no avail too. What is my next step?
Try cleaning the print head as suggested, and test the Purge System for proper operation.

Read post #5 here:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7317

In fact, read the entire thread!

NOTE: if you unable to develop a standing pool of cleaner on the pad prior to running the cleaning cycle (the puddle should persist at least 30 seconds) you may have a leak between the parking pad and the purge pump (implies disconnected hose).

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
turbguy said:
kevindd992002 said:
Try cleaning the print head as suggested, and test the Purge System for proper operation.

Read post #5 here:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7317

In fact, read the entire thread!

NOTE: if you unable to develop a standing pool of cleaner on the pad prior to running the cleaning cycle (the puddle should persist at least 30 seconds) you may have a leak between the parking pad and the purge pump (implies disconnected hose).

Wayne
Ok. So my first step is to clean first the print head with Windex and see if that fixes the problem, right?

If not, then proceed in cleaning the pad of the purge system by filling it with Windex as well. When you say the puddle should persist for at least 30 seconds, is that before or after running a cleaning cycle?