Canon PRO-100 deal is back, $34 after rebate, free shipping, includes 50 sheets photo paper

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
stratman, does that mean you finally bit ?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
stratman, does that mean you finally bit ?
Like a horse's mouth. :D

The carrot you guys presented was too much to not chomp away on. Thanks for sticking on me like white on rice. I might have missed this opportunity otherwise.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I wonder if I purchase a couple more of these deals whether Canon will honor the rebate for each of my personalities?

:weee
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Can someone tell me the very concept of rebates: Is this some fiscal trick for the producing company to pay much less tax or what? Why not immediately sell the item for the final price with 300 dollars off?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I wonder if I purchase a couple more of these deals whether Canon will honor the rebate for each of my personalities?
I am afraid that’s Catch 22 again for you and therefore subject to alteration ! ! :lol:
Can someone tell me the very concept of rebates: Is this some fiscal trick for the producing company to pay much less tax or what?
Didn’t you know Pharmacist that We in the EU don’t give back TAX, ;) We only ADD TAX here… :eek:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe it is the concept of the printer as an ink vending machine, taken to an extreme? Maybe the intended customers are the professional photographers who wouldn't dream of refilling?

I know a part time professional photographer who uses a Canon AIO for documents and a Canon Pro 9500 for his photos. The AIO is used with compatible cartridges, the Pro 9500 is used with OEM cartridges.

I showed him this forum, The Hat's refill method for the cartridges and Octoinkjet's website, but he didn't want to refill and risk ruining the printer or having problems with colour match. If the AIO failed he would just buy another and continue using compatible cartridges.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just figure out: a new set of cartridges costs $100.-....with the rebate the whole package costs $34 including printer and paper. So it is 3 times cheaper to throw away the printer and complete bunch and buy a new set. My goodness :hu.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Just figure out: a new set of cartridges costs $100.-....with the rebate the whole package costs $34 including printer and paper. So it is 3 times cheaper to throw away the printer and complete bunch and buy a new set. My goodness :hu.

Can you write a persuasive letter in German to Lidl or Aldi (or both) management, making them aware of the situation and ask them, can they help equalise the situation?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Can you write a persuasive letter in German to Lidl or Aldi (or both) management, making them aware of the situation and ask them, can they help equalise the situation?
O’ yes wouldn’t that be nice… :thumbsup