Canon PRO-100 deal is back, $34 after rebate, free shipping, includes 50 sheets photo paper

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I am of the opinion that this rebate is a two prong thing, First its aimed squarely at market share in a particular segment of the US market. Second it generates ink sales,as PUNTERS who would not normally enter the Énthusiast printer arena, on price alone...... suddenly see the opportunity to hop on the upgrade ladder and achieve 'Professional' results oblivious of the intangibles that come with such a step, and in the forefront of that.........Shock!! Horror !!!! - INK:th

.............................:ep

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Can someone tell me the very concept of rebates: Is this some fiscal trick for the producing company to pay much less tax or what? Why not immediately sell the item for the final price with 300 dollars off?
The Rebate is in the form of a prepaid credit card. These can be a real hassle to manage. For instance, you can't swipe them at a gas pump, you gottta see an attendant to use them. Typically a small balance is left and never used.

Some people just don't submit the rebate correctly and loose it.

In any event, the $300 rebate probably turns out to be about $200 on average...

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Can you write a persuasive letter in German to Lidl or Aldi (or both) management, making them aware of the situation and ask them, can they help equalise the situation?
When you consider shipping is free, I don't even know how Adorama can afford to ship the printer and paper to me for $39.00.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@turbguy
The rebate card can be used to the last cent. If the balance on your rebate card is less than the cost of that purchase then you merely pay the remaining balance with cash or another credit card. I have done this buying groceries for instance.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
My rebate was in the form of a pre-paid American Express card. I called AE and they sent me a check for $300. Just a few minutes of phone time.

Do read CAREFULLY the requirements for the rebate! While they weren't difficult to do, you don't want to throw out ANYTHING before you follow the instructions.

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
i used my $300 AMEX rebate card to pre-pay my cable company bills.

the pre-payment showed up as a $300 credit bal, so cable co used that credit bal to pay the monthly cable bills when they came due.

FYI, some states in the US charge a state sales tax, ie 7%. the tax is levied on the pre-rebate price.

J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Active Printers: MP830, MP980, PRO-100
• Stored Printers: IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm getting $389.00 at checkout. Darn, just lost my Artisan 835 too...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Rats, it was so nice to just flip the "gas caps" open on the '835 dampers and fill them in a couple minutes.

Now I'll have to go back to hoop jumping fills, and having to keep a stack of spares around.