Canon PRO-100 deal is back, $34 after rebate, free shipping, includes 50 sheets photo paper

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
shipping is 37.25...

oh well, looking for another 835 i guess.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Understand your current need.

Another deal will come if history is our guide. When it does, strike. It's better to have a back up printer than no printer at all.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Understand your current need.

Another deal will come if history is our guide. When it does, strike. It's better to have a back up printer than no printer at all.
I don't get why the shipping got tacked on. Could have sworn it was free as stated when in my cart earlier.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
UPS delivered the printer but no Canon paper that was part of the deal. The printer came in its factory box and nothing else -- no other box or padding.

Called Adorama and they emailed back that the paper is inside what I thought was a factory sealed Canon box. I have not opened the box as of yet. I just found a folded/crumpled up invoice from Adorama in one of the side holes used to grasp the box to lift up.

Any one else have their Canon paper inside the sealed Canon printer box delivered from Adorama?

Why would they open the factory sealed box?

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
i seem to remember mine came in one very large canon box and the paper was inside.

delivery guy said it was the largest, heaviest printer he has ever delivered.

stratman, would be curious your opinion on the build quality, seemed up to the MP830 level of quality when i took a quick look.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Active Printers: MP830, MP980, PRO-100
• Stored Printers: IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
UPS delivered the printer but no Canon paper that was part of the deal. The printer came in its factory box and nothing else -- no other box or padding.

Called Adorama and they emailed back that the paper is inside what I thought was a factory sealed Canon box. I have not opened the box as of yet. I just found a folded/crumpled up invoice from Adorama in one of the side holes used to grasp the box to lift up.

Any one else have their Canon paper inside the sealed Canon printer box delivered from Adorama?

Why would they open the factory sealed box?
Mine came just like your's. Probably done to avoid extra shipping charges.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks @jimbo123 and @turbguy. Opened up the box and the paper was inside. All accessories were present.

Definitely the heaviest print I've ever owned though a bit lighter than the Gutenberg printing press @The Hat bought new and tried to sell me. I may need to see the choirpracter after lugging this around. Getting the box and me through a doorway almost requires the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Haven't taken the printer out of the box. Unless there are bricks inside then the build quality may be as good as you say. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@stratman the Gutenberg printing press was only one colour but needed 3 guys to move it, so I figured it was not suitable for you.:(

P.S The build quality was second to none and it does manual Duplex…;)
O' what’s your Chiropractor like, is she nice..:lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What was Herr Gutenberg like when you met? :old

My choirpracter is a very nice lady who leads our singing group wonderfully. Very soothing psalms.

:D

Latest posts