Yellow changing to golden brown

brenty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Good day all, I have come across the problem of my Yellow prints suddenly changing to a golden brown when i print. Are there any simple techniques to get my yellow back? Thanks for all responses

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The make and model of printer could help

Does it print golden brown from the off or change part way through a print?

Have you run a nozzle check?

brenty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hp 21 cartridge, but its usually a common thing when a cartridge is left down a little to long. Where the yellow in the sponge has turned a brown color. Nozzle check prints the same.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
brenty said:
hp 21 cartridge, but its usually a common thing when a cartridge is left down a little to long. Where the yellow in the sponge has turned a brown color. Nozzle check prints the same.
You must mean an HP 22 as the HP 21 is the black cartridge. Are you refilling your cartridges or buying new HP ones? Fortunately, you can fix your problem just by buy another new one. To prevent this problem in the future, just make sure you leave you printer turned on all the time and print something in color every week. A nozzle check would be good enough.

brenty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
sorry yes i meant hp22 and i refill from time to time. But i had this cartridge out of the printer in a cupboard and i think it got contaminated and thus the bronze color...I thought there was a way to clean it to get back its yellow color.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
brenty said:
sorry yes i meant hp22 and i refill from time to time. But i had this cartridge out of the printer in a cupboard and i think it got contaminated and thus the bronze color...I thought there was a way to clean it to get back its yellow color.
My first printer (which someone gave me) was like yours and I refilled but overfilled and some cyan got into the yellow and made it green at which point I concluded that refilling would be a lot easier with a printer that had individual ink tanks.