Xp-600/800 Chip Resetters, Arc's And Firmware

rjgeisler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do any of the Chip Resetters work for the XP-600/800 printers?

It is my understanding that none of the resetters work on the setup or initial cartridges shipped with the printer? Also, an inherent problem is the chip must be reset before the printer sucks it dry and ECM's the chip.

Even with all the quirks, the resetter seems to be a better solution since the ARC's stopped working.

Without going into great detail, the ARC's I have, appeared to work at first and then locked up. The BK (Pigment Black) at about 10-15%, yellow, cyan and magenta at 50%, and the photo black is at 30% and that is where they are all frozen.

Even if the chips do not reset right away, and are out of sync with the true amount of ink in the cartridges, shouldn't they show relative usage levels?

With everything frozen, I guess I could just continue to top off the cartridges on a regular schedule to insure they will never come close to empty, but I don't think Epson is finished with these ARC's. At some point I think the printer will ID the cartridges as empty and that will be that!

So, maybe the resetter would be a better solution since the genuine Epson chips would show ink levels.

The firmware on my XP-800 started as Version 13.31. I updated the firmware because of a problem with the network and it did seem to resolve the problem. It is a little unreasonable to ask people not to update the firmware on their printers, especially if it cures a bug or issue they are having with the printer.

Epson tries to force a firmware update during the installation process and you have to terminate the installation software with the task manager. They are relentless!

Of course, as a last resort, I could just buy original Epson ink. Ouch!