Wow, free printer

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
My daughter, who works in a doctors office asked me if I knew anyone who would take some old printers her office had collected over the last 2 years. She had a Canon color laser and an HP color laser
and a Epson CX3810 AIO. I told her that I's take the Epson and see if I could get it to work. Well, I picked it up today and took it home and plugged it into my W7 64bit computer and tried to print with it.
It churned out a page of text that was barely readable. I ran a head cleaning that resulted in a nozzle check that showed slightly broken black lines with no color lines at all. I ran 5 more cleanings with results
that grew gradually better after each one. I let the machine sit for 4 hours and ran the 6th cleaning and it then produced a perfect nozzle check. I couldn't believe that this printer was printing perfectly after sitting for almost 2 years.
What was even harder to believe was that it did this with the original cartridges still installed. I must admit this thing is as slow as molasses on a cold winter morn and noisy as all get out compared to my Canon MP640, But hey,
it prints, it scans fairly quickly, and Abacus Private store has re-manufactured carts for less than $13 for a full set. Can it get any better? Now all I have to do is explain to the wife what I'm doing with another printer. LOL.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Mowerman90 said:
Now all I have to do is explain to the wife what I'm doing with another printer. LOL.
I believe you have just identified the "cost" element of this latest gift... How much do flowers, wine and a box of chocolate (to aid in marital dispute resolution) cost nowadays anyway? ;)

joseph31

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It usually happens many of the times with old printers. But If you will change the cartridge, it won't affect too much & you will the get original prints.