Why doesn't my Canon MP760 print better colors?

ronju99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've had this MP760 for three years and it has printed beautifully in the past. Now it won't print magenta. I've change cartridges and am only using Canon ink. I've cleaned the print head by soaking in alcohol and blowing it out with high pressure air. I've also done all the maintenance functions. When I do a nozzle check, it prints all the colors without any flaws however the intensity is about a two out of a ten. When I print a photo on glossy paper it seems to print fairly well except it doesn't print any magenta. My feeling is that it may have something to do with the circuitry and not the print head. The nozzle check shows two levels of magenta consistent with the other colors. The 3eBK works great. All others are week in color level including 6BK.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Try to soak the print head in Windex that contains Ammonia. It could take a day of soaking. If the printer is several years old the print head may be worn out. A new print head should be less than $50.

ronju99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I did try and soak the print head without success so I bought a new one and just tried it and still didn't have very good results. I have new canon ink and cleaned and aligned the head. I printed out a photo and it looks terrible. The colors are not vivid as I chose in setup. I set the properties to standard, auto and glossy photo paper with vivid. I seem to have an over abundance of green in the photo. The colors should be mostly red, white and brown with my shirt as blue. The tile floor is mostly brown but the printout is more of a green and no brown. The other colors in the picture have a green tint to them.

Ron

ronju99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:lol: Well for those that may have a similar problem, I was able to solve mine. I had a 6PM (Photo Magenta) cartridge that was causing the problem. I must have bought it by mistake and it doesn't seem to work well with the other inks. I replaced it with a 6M and the photos print fine. I feel like a jerk not seeing the difference but I guess we live and learn.

Ron