Where can I find a cheap i560 print head?mystery solved of leaking....

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

Since I been coming to this forum most of my problems have been about the i560 and that yellow kept getting contaminated by magenta. This started around when I bought a ink refill kit from precision colors. I don't know if this is what caused the problem or that the problem already started and just got worse and I was paying alot more attention to my printer because of the refills.

For me I am not a 100% convinced it was the inks since I heard of inks clogging up the print head but I never heard of it actually like corroding the dividers of the tanks and contaminating other colors. Then on top of that why only one color? if the ink was crap you would think at least another color would run into that problem. So this lead me to believe that I refilled the carts wrong and that they where leaking. Many people on this forum thought this might be the problem too. So I tired everything under the sun but nothing showed that there was leak or anything like that.

I also noticed when the ink carts got lower on ink it was less contaminated.

So for a while I done nothing since I been too busy. I actually was looking for a new printer. I wanted to find a laser color printer since I still need color prints now and then but I find that the color ink goes way to fast(like ever 4 months) and I don't do ton's of color printing so that lead me to believe the printer was using the ink for the cleaning cycle or they where just drying out. So a laser printer would solve this since the ink would not dry out. I however could not find a color printer in the $150 range that was half decent. So I gave up on this and I decided to ride out my i560 as long as possible and then decide if I should get a new inkjet or a laser color printer.

So that lead me back to testing my i560 ink. This time I wanted to make certain it was not me and that I damaged the ink so I decided I would buy new cartridges. However I did not want to spend the like $80 on genuine carts and find the printer was still crap. That is a waste of money.

So I decided to buy from these guys http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/cata...5&printer_model=i560&cartridge=0&q=&x=33&y=15

I see this ink all over the internet so I figured it can't be that bad(probably not as good as precision colors but at least I don't have to refill carts what is a pain in the ass) and since it was a full inked cart the possibility of a leak would be slim.

So I been doing some tests and same problem still. I still see cross contamination of yellow with mageneta. All the carts(expect black) are new carts(with yellow being genuine). So I can't see that I got super unlucky and that I have a leaky cart on the exact same color.

So I think the print head is dyeing. So I am wondering any one know a place to buy a print head for like $25? I don't want to spend too much more money on this printer since I can just get a new printer so cheap now.

It gives me a chance to try out this ink I bought so if I can't find a good color laser printer by the time I need a new printer I can at least know where I can get ink from at cheap prices.

If you have any thoughts on this ink I would love to hear about it.

Here is some of my old posts.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2666