What Are You Currently Printing Today?

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Sorry about that, but @Nifty did start this thread off here and who’s going to argue with him, maybe it’s a reminder for you to dust off your Auld 3D printer and get going on something new..:)
No worries, this thread appeared on front page as recommendation and I got curious, that's all.
I believe my 3d printer is beyond hope now. I assembled it as a Graber (prusa like, but using laser cutted MDF) after some time one of my axis wasn't responding. Ichecked the motor, replaced the drivers, reflashed firmware, replaced the Arduino Mega, replaced shields ramps 1.4, at this point I got really frustrated since I was already unhappy with print bed size been too small. Everything was working separately, but failed when putting it together. By now, It got a lot of rusty on it too, so I don't believe it is good for anything other than scrap right now. This is like a divorce story, the printer failed me multiple times, till I failed her and we broke apart. 😔

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
By now, It got a lot of rusty on it too, so I don't believe it is good for anything other than scrap right now. This is like a divorce story, the printer failed me multiple times, till I failed her and we broke apart.
I am sorry to hear of the demise of your printer, after all the hard work you put into it, I rebuilt one of mine too and the main board was damaged and I can’t get another because it’s been out of stock for ages, so now, it too is just junk..

Over the Christmas you may be able to pick up a good size one for a reasonable price in the sales, I mainly go for the Creality brand, I’ve got a 4 year old CR-10 going great, it has printed tons of stuff..

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-creality.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.1.1.79961739sGggWN

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is the thread only 3d print related?
Good question given the response you got.

Here's what Nifty said in the beginning:

I also thought it would be fun to have a thread for us all to contribute to so we can see what people are printing... regardless of the type of printer.
Also, note his image in that 1st post - it has 2D and 3D printers in it. And, you were correct in what thread this appears - Everything Else in the Miscellaneous forum. That's about as far away from the 3D forum as it gets.

To answer your question... It is printing of any kind. 2D, 3D, DTF, DTG, dot matrix, laser, lithography, silkscreen, circuit boards, etc ... what are you printing?

I will be printing a Christmas card for my sister who finds expensive store bought cards ridiculous. If it's more than $0.50 - $1 then it is too much money. I figure $0.10 at most for her homemade card will be appreciated by both of us.

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Good question given the response you got.

Here's what Nifty said in the beginning:

Also, note his image in that 1st post - it has 2D and 3D printers in it. And, you were correct in what thread this appears - Everything Else in the Miscellaneous forum. That's about as far away from the 3D forum as it gets.

To answer your question... It is printing of any kind. 2D, 3D, DTF, DTG, dot matrix, laser, lithography, silkscreen, circuit boards, etc ... what are you printing?

I will be printing a Christmas card for my sister who finds expensive store bought cards ridiculous. If it's more than $0.50 - $1 then it is too much money. I figure $0.10 at most for her homemade card will be appreciated by both of us.
I will try to please Greeks and Trojans. 😅
Here is what I am printing and this can be a tip for your sister. Personalized Christmas ornaments that I will be giving away as a souvenir for the clients I had throughout the year. I also printed and glued the box, I wish I had some acetate plastic to the little windows, but right now it is going to be just like it is.
Bonus 3d printed PLA Porg from late ex 3dprinter. Lol.
Sorry about potato photo quality, I am no photographer and this is just an old phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_163650598~2.jpg
    IMG_20211213_163650598~2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
And here is a 2.5D attempt.
I just loved those models on Canon site and now I use it as a decompress moment, to print and assemble one of those Papercraft models.

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_164503596~2.jpg
    IMG_20211213_164503596~2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 202

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Link please.
This is creative park Canon's site:
https://creativepark.canon/en/index.html
I have being printing and folding several of those models, there are architectural models, animal, christmas ornaments, they are really fun to do. Use the cheapest photo paper you have around.
The christmas balls can be found on aliexpress:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003624411869.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.679a5f07rBFRY8&algo_pvid=e3522e01-1f72-49d7-831a-77f6e7cf3aec&aem_p4p_detail=20211213121409498658401092290024104085&algo_exp_id=e3522e01-1f72-49d7-831a-77f6e7cf3aec-2&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000026545949654"%7D
But I got mine from a cheaper suplier in some "etsy like" site.
There is no link to the particular pink box since I made it really quick with Affinity Photo (replacing adobe products cause I really don't like the rental/subscriber model). There are a ton of box out there, but if you want the one I used just ask and I will be happy to send it your way. For them I used the easiest to find metalic paper (the box claim white, but is has a silver..ish tone to that).

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
There is also a "Canon Creative Park Premium" site. This site is not accessible via a browser but only via the Canon software "My Image Garden" and you need to have Canon OEM cartridges ( or what Canon might believe are OEM cartridges) installed in your newer Canon printer. See this post.

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
There is also a "Canon Creative Park Premium" site. This site is not accessible via a browser but only via the Canon software "My Image Garden" and you need to have Canon OEM cartridges ( or what Canon might believe are OEM cartridges) installed in your newer Canon printer. See this post.
I had no ideia that this was a different content. My canon does not recognize my cartridge since I am using the refillable one with original ink. Without getting too much away from original topic, can you show us if the content is much better?